PDA

View Full Version : random tip: on vehicle wheel cleaning.

AuAltima3.5
07-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I was cleaning the car this morning, and thought, "there has to be a better to clean behind the spokes," as opposed to yanking the wheels off the car everytime.

I didn`t like the idea of an actual brush on the rim`s inner coating. It seemed too abrasive.

I used a foam brush (1" width, like the ones used for painting) to get behind the spokes and it worked very well. Some cars with wide/mutliple spokes it may not work so hot for, but on my 02 altima (with 6-spoke wheels it was a breeze). I cleaned all four wheels inner part in about ten minutes.

imported_DetailDan
07-15-2007, 05:50 PM
The EZ Detail Brush is just what your vehicle needs to get totally clean right down to the tiniest details. (http://www.autogeek.net/ezdebrfca.html)

BlueLibby04
07-15-2007, 07:07 PM
$23 for a brush :grinno:

noooorb
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
^my thoughts exactly....

AuAltima3.5
07-15-2007, 09:06 PM
#uno wrong thing upon inspection: Metal tip. Also, you have to squeeze it between the caliper, instead of having clearance to move it more freely.

And it has bristles. Unless they came from a toothbrush, they aren`t touching my car.

Setec Astronomy
07-15-2007, 09:15 PM
You might want to check out this thread for a good cheap substitute: http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/68797-toilet-brush-wheels-where-buy.html?highlight=Quikee

It does have a wire inside but it`s harder to expose than some brushes.

Paulie Walnuts
07-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Also go to a Petco or Petsmart and get a flexible fish tank brush. They are small and work great.

BlueLibby04
07-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Not that I will ever get that brush, but it says it has a vinyl coated tip..

PhaRO
07-15-2007, 11:22 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/75421-reviewed-power-puff-wheel-spoke-brush.html

$3 Power Puff brush. It gets the insides of most of the wheels I encounter. The rest I get with a megs spoke brush or one of the strand style brushes found in many auto sections.

imported_DetailDan
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
#uno wrong thing upon inspection: Metal tip. Also, you have to squeeze it between the caliper, instead of having clearance to move it more freely.

And it has bristles. Unless they came from a toothbrush, they aren`t touching my car.

It doesnt have a metal tip. Youll have to squeeze any brush between the caliper unless you want to move the car after cleaning the rest of the wheel, so I dont get what you`re saying there. The "bristles" are plenty soft to use on the inside of any wheel.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
I use an OXO bottle brush for wheels.......You`d be surprised at what you can find when "not" looking for detailing items....

kastanaras
07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
The EZ Detail Brush is probly one of the best and safest spoke brushes I have used on cleaning the inside of the rims

$23 is a small price to pay when you want to take the very best care of your rims.

tod071
07-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Got my EZ Auto Brush from Pakshak and I must say it doesnt` scratch and is very soft. Easily gets between calipers. Great for engine detailing as well. Well worth the $23 IMO.