PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat urgent question........

chris03tl
06-10-2003, 04:19 PM
I wasnt able to put a second coat of UPP on 24 hours after the first, because my wife had her car out all night!!!

So now its been 48 hours, and I want to do the final coat tonight while she`s gone (with her SISTERs car :) ).........what should I do to prep the car? Wash it down? QD it? The paint feels spotless, but I dont want to risk swirl marks and such (dark colored car).

Any quick advice?

Thanks!!!
-Chris

ACE
06-10-2003, 04:56 PM
I would wash it- once the car has been driven it`s going to pick up some contamination that you definitely don`t want to seal into the paint. I`ve never tried it, but I don`t think you would want to apply the UPP over QD for possible bonding issues. Besides- it`s been 48 hours, so it`s time for a wash anyway! :rolleyes:

Boss_429
06-10-2003, 05:01 PM
I would probably wash it too. However, If the QD is the Platinum UGE, I doubt there would be a bonding issue. Maybe Dwayne can add some insight on this one?

chris03tl
06-10-2003, 09:07 PM
I washed it then put another coat of UPP over it.

For some reason I thought I felt a couple "specks" on the hood that I didnt before...........I know I washed several parts of the car VERY particularly, and the hood was one of them, so I have to wonder what that speck might be..........perhaps a paint imperfection from the factory? If by some unforeseen horrible circumstance its something "sealed" into the paint, I assume it would eventually come off after the UPP wears off?

Gosh the car looks good!!! Maybe someday the sun will stay out more than 1 day in a row up here in CT and I can actually drive the car!!

-Chris