PDA

View Full Version : I will never buy another window care product

rkf76
07-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I have cleaned the inside of my windshield several times with several different products using microfiber towels each time and always end up with haze a day or so later:wall

I tried everything from using a single mf towel for the whole process to using two towels, one for the initial cleaning and the other for the final buff. Same results.

Early this past week we got a light sprinkle which left my car covered in tight water beads, thanks to CG 50/50, with dust and dirt all over (thanks to the landscaper to uses a blower in our parking lot at work daily). So that evening I went and washed my car but I had forgotten to bring window cleaner so I just used the wet ww mf towel I used to dry the car with on the windows, inside and out, and a dry mf towel to dry them. Not only did that clean my windows just as good as any product I`ve ever used, but it`s been nearly a week and I have no haze! :woot:

KCJ75
07-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I`ve had the same problems with my windows to, and I came to the same conclusion: one pass with a damp waffle weave, and then another pass with the dry side. I still think the store bought cleaners are good when you have a lot of crud built up, like after a long trip. But as long as the windows aren`t too dirty, a damp waffle weave works great. Just thought I`d chime in. Btw, first post, long time lurker!

rkf76
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I`ve had the same problems with my windows to, and I came to the same conclusion: one pass with a damp waffle weave, and then another pass with the dry side. I still think the store bought cleaners are good when you have a lot of crud built up, like after a long trip. But as long as the windows aren`t too dirty, a damp waffle weave works great. Just thought I`d chime in. Btw, first post, long time lurker!Agreed. Window cleaning products have their place, but just to remove haziness or light dust/dirt, a damp WW works just fine.

Mobilejay
07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
I am the same way. I used to buy all different products for glass but now I have my cleaner aside while I use water. Inside and out, thats the best thing I have found. It was hard to make myself realize that cause I love buying new products but when the simple(free)things are better, why not use them.

ZoranC
07-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I absolutely hate cleaning windows thanks to haze afterwards.

BlueLibby04
07-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Ive never had a problem with Stoners IG.. :)

BigAl3
07-24-2007, 12:38 AM
i use IG on the inside of the windows and on the outside i`ll use some QD/spray wax (as you dry the outside after a wash, it seems to be clean anyways so i treat it like the paint), and have had very good results. the QD/spray wax helps to repel dust, dirt, etc.. making the next wash easier...

ZoranC
07-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Ive never had a problem with Stoners IG.. :)

I have less problems with Stoner`s IG than I do with other products but still it is not haze-free for me. I have also noticed difference beetween which towels I am using. It must be something about my process. I have some huck towels coming in so we will see.

kchau
07-24-2007, 12:55 AM
I`m using stoners ig with window cleaning towels (smooth, no pile, and not furry, kind of like sunglasses cleaning towel), and i have absolutely no problem at all.

salty
07-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Water 95% of the time, 20 years and over 10,000 vehicles

NightyNight
07-24-2007, 01:38 AM
i use an ONR mixture, works well.

DM101
07-24-2007, 05:31 AM
A little Quickshine works well on all windows including tinted.

JRock10
07-24-2007, 05:57 AM
i prefer a wet towel/dry towel method. i feel like it really pulls all the dirt off the glass. been using about a 4:1 mix of water 20/20, but i want to find a more concentrated, cheaper alternative.

Way2SSlow
07-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I just use my QD, which is currently Adams.