PDA

View Full Version : Concours Wool Duster vs. CCD

chml17l
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Detailers Paradise has a wool car duster. http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=143312005517452%2D691513519663)

Has anyone compared it to the CCD?:dunno

It can be washed with a special wool wash when dirty unlike the CCD. The wool duster looks like it might work better than the CCD on vertical panels because the CCD`s cotton fibers tend to hang down. It seems you wouldn`t have to apply as much pressure with the wool duster on vertical surfaces.

CharlesW
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Doesn`t look like anyone has tried it.
Guess it`s up to you to experiment and let us know your opinion. :)

A question that comes to my mind is why doesn`t it just move the dust around. Since it has no chemicals to catch or hold the dust like the CCD, it seems like it would be more of a dust mover than I would want. :dunno

I`m somewhat prejudiced towards the CCD, (I have 2 wooden handle ones and 1 Super Duster), since I know it works.
FWIW, vertical panels are no problem with the CCD.

Charles

chml17l
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Yes, Charles, looks like we haven`t had any guinea pigs...

It appeard to me too that this is a "dry" duster and has no similar dust attractant agents like the CCD; however, the wool wash cleaner marketed with the duster is supposed to remove dust/dirt from the duster and it contains lanolin. I believe that the lanolin would act kind of like a natural wax to help hold the dust in the duster.

pogo123
06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
My wife has been using one for years for in house dusting. I was going to give it a try on my car but it has way too much junk stuck in it so I tried it on her car instead. It sort of just pushed most of the heavy dust around but it did pick up some of it. It is very thick and much lighter then my ccd, and it looks like it just traps some of the dust by being so plush. Like I said it is pretty old and has never been washed that I know of. Works great in the house especially on cob webs and such.

probegt
06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I saw Zymol had one of those wool ones too but twice the price of the DP and 3 times CCD. Lets us know how they work if you get one.