PDA

View Full Version : July 13th.....for those who love their pets

DreamersPersuit
07-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I am new to the board.

Autobahn a horse i loved dearly and have ridden and known for 9 years passed away.

He was a rescuse years ago from an abusive trainer. My trainer with the help of others (me included) made him into a riding horse again. I was one of the few that could ride him.

He was retired about 2 years ago when he got cushings. I have spent the last few months in Ocala fl with my trainer since i brought my horse here. My trainer is away in NC . I come home from work (detailing cars) and Al walks fast from one end of the paddock to the gate to greet me. I stop my little BMW as Al lays down at the gate and dies. Maybe he waited for me it broke my heart. He died with his ears forward happy to see me even as his light faded. I dont want people to post mean comments. Autobahn had a good life and will be missed. i just need to talk about it. I dont know anyon here in Ocala. Thanks

imported_Sludge
07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I dont want people to post mean comments.

Dreamers,

Can`t imagine that will happen, this is a nice board. Sorry for your loss, I`ve also owned horses and know how affectionate and people oriented they become. I think it was good that Autobahn had someone he knew nearby when he passed.

Again sorry you lost a friend.

Sludge

wytstang
07-14-2007, 04:21 PM
RIP man thats sad sorry to hear.

Joshua312
07-14-2007, 04:33 PM
I`m sorry for your loss Dreamers

DreamersPersuit
07-14-2007, 05:06 PM
thank you very much for the kind words

AL-53
07-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Dreamer....Sorry to hear of your loss....I too have lost a dear friend like that....he waited for me to come home greeted me and then went on to his resting....

on a good note....your horse wanted to say good bye and thank you for the life you gave him...he now crosses the rainbow bridge awaiting the day that you too will meet again

AL