PDA

View Full Version : 1st detail with PC, what polishes to use in what order

redlude97
07-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I`m doing a complete detail with my porter cable this weekend on an 03 black infiniti g35 coupe with its infamous soft paint. I have the complete optimum line with

OHC

OC

OP

Poliseal

I will be using edge 2k pads with the optimum polishes, and would like to limit the polishing to 2 steps including the poliseal if possible. Do you guys think I can go OC->Poliseal and remove the micromarring of the OC with the poliseal? Or should I use OP with a more aggressive pad followed by poliseal. I know as a last resort I can go OC-OP-poliseal, but that is alot more work so I want to make sure its absolutely necessary. What are everyone`s thoughts on this

mr.ikon
07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
see how op works first with polish pad.

danponjican
07-13-2007, 08:08 AM
I`m thinking OC then Poli-Seal. If I`m not mistanken the polish mix in Poli-Seal is in fact OP.

Junebug
07-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Depends on what you have to start with. If you have some scratches and swirls I`d start with OP on a yellow or green pad and see how that worked, if it`s not correcting the paint, bump up to OHC, and see.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-13-2007, 06:33 PM
The OC is actually fairly mild, even on black. Dont let "compound" scare you with this item. Very user friendly. Anything remaining should clear up with PS. Although Im no PS expert, I have used the OC and OP quite a bit.....

PS was actually designed for use by hand. Some folks had luck using it with a PC, and thats how that got started.

Are you using the PS as your sealant?

redlude97
07-16-2007, 04:05 PM
So I did OC/green followed with PS/Blue. The OC/green didn`t work very well though, and I probably only reduced half of the swirl marks, even after a few applications. I was worried about using OHC though, would that have worked better?