PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use that Wurths Wheel paint to repair a wheel?

Hindsight
07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I did something similar to the bottom corner of a bumper using spray-on paint and clear I bought from the dealer. It turned out pretty good but "feathering" the color and the clear was a challenge. The clear also went on really dry... as in rough with no gloss so I sprayed it on extra thick knowing it would run, then wet-sanded the runs out later. It looks pretty good but it`s a big flat area and I was able to use my PC to get the wet-sanding marks out. I don`t see how you`d do that on a wheel.

So if have used the Wurths to repair wheel damage, I`d love to hear your experiences!

JoeShark
09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Have you been able to find this product anywhere? Seems to be sold out and unavailable until the first of the year (2008).

js

Eliot Ness
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Have you been able to find this product anywhere? Seems to be sold out and unavailable until the first of the year (2008).

jsDB sells it right here:

Wurth German Alloy Silver Wheel Lacquer (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wus-892181.html)

I bought some with another order a while back hoping it matches some of the paint on my American Mags, but haven`t had a chance to get around to it yet.

EDIT: Never mind..... as pointed by out violentveedub it is out of stock there too. My browser was blocking some scripts so I didn`t see the out of stock message.

violentveedub
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
DB sells it right here:

Wurth German Alloy Silver Wheel Lacquer (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wus-892181.html)

I bought some with another order a while back hoping it matches some of the paint on my American Mags, but haven`t had a chance to get around to it yet.

It says out of stock FYI.

I`ve used the Einzsett Silver Wheel paint to refinish a wheel and it turned out well but I`m having it repaired professionally this weekend b/c the clear(duplicolor) I used yellowed on me after a while and the wheel doesn`t match the others.