PDA

View Full Version : Claying while QEW/ONRÃÂ`ng

steelwind101
07-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Im currently state-side and find myself in the apartment situtation. I picked up some QEW and a mothers clay bar kit to get started on the car.

For those those that clay while QEW`ing or ONR`ïng do you:

Wash panel with QEW/ONR

Spray QD

Rub with Clay bar

Dry (QEW or ONR again if required)

Do you recommend drying panel before QD and clay to remove any diry suspended in QEW on the surface??

Thanks

GEOFF

optimusp517
07-11-2007, 11:07 PM
If i were to run the process. Here`s how it`ll go

-ONR to wash the entire car

-dry off with WW

-use ONR as a lube while you clay and wipe dry the panels again

My question is are you prepping the car for a polish and wax job or just claying?

steelwind101
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the advice!! Do you know the mix for the QEW QD??

The car is 1996 Stratus, white and swirled. I acutually live in the UK and out here with my GF and i have her old car. Its not very white since its never been looked after so im going to hit it with ColorX i picked up and maybe next week top it with either Megs 26 or Mothers Phase 3.

Thanks

GEOFF

Brian_Brice
07-11-2007, 11:36 PM
i use qew or onr every job and i go like this

wash down on section at a time

spray lube on same panel just after washing

clay

ww dry.

done.

thesacrifice
07-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Do not clay before drying when ONR or QEW. ONR encapsulates the dirt and if you`re not drying the car, you`re not removing a lot of the dirt.

steelwind101
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks alot guys, i hope to get it done this weekend, i will be sure to dry before i clay.

Geoff

imported_memnuts
07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
If it was my vehicle I would clay only after or during a complete wash and rinse. But that`s just me and my opinion on finish care.

If you also plan to polish after the QEW/ONR than this method should be ok.

David Fermani
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
If it was my vehicle I would clay only after or during a complete wash and rinse. But that`s just me and my opinion on finish care.

That`s my opinion too.

PhaRO
07-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Whether you want to clay the whole car at one time or clay as you go doesn`t change the process. Only difference is the size of the area you will work on.

ONR wash and dry a section at a time. Either do the whole car then clay or clay as you go. Process is the same. I wouldn`t clay if I were washing with ONR unless I dried it first to make sure any dirt is removed.

BlackElantraGT
07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Do not clay before drying when ONR or QEW. ONR encapsulates the dirt and if you`re not drying the car, you`re not removing a lot of the dirt.

Exactly my thoughts :bigups