PDA

View Full Version : Limits of Bonnets?

BlueLibby04
07-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I bought me a two pack of the Ultimate Super Microfiber DA Polisher Bonnets from ADS and I was wondering what these can be used for. I know you can remove wax with them, but can I do an entire vehicle with just one? Or do I need to take them off and turn them inside out/put on a clean one when needed?

Can you use these to remove a poish such as #7?

The reason Im asking, Ive always had a hard time getting #7 off and must use many MF`s to keep a clean side. Im just alittle confused how you can remove wax and polish from and entire vehicle with just alittle bonnet..

CLICKY (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Professional%20Pads%20&%20Bonnets.htm)

PRB
07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
For the people who use the bonnets to remove wax, I read that they use 2-3 per vehicle, flipping them inside out after a few panels.

It`s the same concept as a regular microfiber loading up and not effectively removing product.

As a side note, M07 does load up towels quickly. Super thin layers help, especially when it`s time to remove the excess.

I use bonnets such as that to APPLY my wax or sealant. Everyone I tell seems to recoil at the idea, but it works fine and doesn`t leave any marring.

BlueLibby04
07-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Hmm, I guess I should of gotten more then.. I only got the two and figured that would be enough.. I guess Ill make another order if I really like them. I went ahead and got the Megs 7006 pad to put them on, so Ill I need is more bonnets..

imported_Calogero
07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I used to be so gun-ho on the bonnet but know, everything is removed by hand.

I prefer it better this way, and actually enjoy it more. I enjoy the break from the G-100.

BlackElantraGT
07-11-2007, 11:24 PM
I used to be so gun-ho on the bonnet but know, everything is removed by hand.

I prefer it better this way, and actually enjoy it more. I enjoy the break from the G-100.

I`m the same way. I haven`t used mine in awhile. Part of the reason why I haven`t used the bonnets lately is because I only have 2 of the Meg`s bonnets, and I wish I had more. Because they`re small, they load up quickly and for a typical car like someone else said you could easily use 2-3.

My meg`s bonnet seems to be made from the same material that`s used on Meg`s Supreme Shine mf towels. For some reason, these are the only towels I have that somehow don`t come out as clean as the other towels. So the mf bonnets looks just as grungy as the Supreme Shine. I just don`t want to use it anymore once they look like that.

BlueLibby04
07-11-2007, 11:40 PM
thats odd GT, Ive never had a problem getting my megs MF`s clean..

derek37
07-12-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah i got like 6 of them; used them a few times but they seemed more like a hassle to use. Never use them anymore. I too like the break from the PC and using a MF is just quicker.

Cassman
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Just my $.02 - Megs #7 shouldn`t dry before you remove it. You work it in and then remove it immediately. Usually with some type of microfiber towel rather than a bonnet. Then you wait a while and wipe off the remainder. I don`t think #7 is really meant to be removed with a bonnet as a practical matter. Again - just my opinion and experience. I think Mike Phillips from Megs agrees, from what I have read.