PDA

View Full Version : Any Nextel customers here?

RUBigDog05
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Like I`ve said before, i`m moving to Myrtle Beach with my parents next week and we are looking into a new cell phone plan because my dad wants to keep in touch with his coworkers, his brothers and all my friends have Nextel so I would be able to keep in touch with all of them. I have been search the Nextel website and I found all the plans but I don`t really understand the page about sharing minutes and stuff. Right now we have Verizon and for 3 phones my parents are paying $130. The Nextel website has plans for like $109 for 1200 minutes and unlimited direct connect, free nights and weekends and free incoming calls but I don`t know if that means its only for 1 phone. I figure with 1200 minutes, we could share that many minutes and still pay $109?!?! Anyone know? I think my mom and I are going to go research it tomorrow to find out. If thats the case, it will be saving money but we would have to buy new phones but thats not that big of a deal because my parents just get the cheapest phones anyways.

Focusedonsound
06-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Nextel Can be quite confusing.

Ive had mine for about 3 years now and im not sure I fully understand just yet! Your best bet is to go and speak to a sales rep and get them to fully explain it to you!

My only recomendation would be to get the phone you want now being that your opening a new account ... once you have that phone you will have to stick with it as Nextel Phones are WAY over priced in comparison.

as far as service goes... they are the second biggest wireless network! and they are going for number 1 .. they keep offering more and more

Just pray you never have to call customer service!

thats all for now .. nay other questions let me know

Bob
06-06-2005, 06:04 AM
We use them at work and I hate them. I wish we would go back to our old two way radios and ditch these things.

holland_patrick
06-06-2005, 11:26 AM
I have it and I like it. it`s not the best but what can you do.I really find the DC useful at times and annoying at others. I`m looking at getting new phones and will keep nextel. They just released a reasonable camera phone so that is what i`ll be picking up for me and the wife

CharlesW
06-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Nextel Can be quite confusing.I think you can replace Nextel in this statement with most if not all the cel phone providers.

Ive had mine for about 3 years now and im not sure I fully understand just yet! Your best bet is to go and speak to a sales rep and get them to fully explain it to you! This is another piece of good advice. While they are explaining the basic plans, ask them about some of the add-ons that you can get for a small additional fee.
As an example, we have U.S. Cellular and unlimited incoming calls was only $9.95 more per month for two phones.
Don`t be bashful about asking questions. It`s not as simple as "Wax on, wax off". :D

Charles

JeffM
06-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Shop around before you buy a phone. There are what they call corporate stores, they sell phones as much as $100 cheaper then a booth 30 steps away.....unbelievable really.

GlossyTundra
06-06-2005, 06:37 PM
All the phones I looked at were same price no matter where I looked. I ended up getting a I860(moving way up from a i530) and absolutly love the phone. I was fairly cheap to, only $250 with a $50 mail in rebate.

holland_patrick
06-06-2005, 07:00 PM
$250 for a phone man my two i275 have just as much (no video cap) but i have off network talkabout.. for the same price $250 just not a flipper....

Thomas Dekany
06-06-2005, 08:41 PM
We hated Nextell. Worst customer service too. Never again.