PDA

View Full Version : Transferring to small containers

imported_pigcorn
07-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Sounds basic but wondering on best advice to transfer my 1 gallon size polishes and conditoners to smaller 12 and 16 oz bottles without having a bunch of product still left in the gallon size containers?

The polish and lotions don`t just pour out like a spray\liquid from the 1 gallon containers and the thick lotions stick all to the sides...

BlackElantraGT
07-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmm, I`ve never transferred my product into smaller containers, but one option would be to pour out as much as you can, and with the remaining, you can try cutting the container and use a spatula to get the remaining that`s left inside.

That would be the first thing that would pop into my head, but I`m not known for bright ideas. I`m sure someone will have a better method than my suggestion.

LQ9SS
07-10-2007, 11:28 PM
IDK, BlackElentra, that sounds like a great idea. The help of a plastic funnel should work nicely, then you could use a small spatula to get the remaining product off of the funnel when your done.

optimusp517
07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I`ve used a gallon pump before and it`s worked fine, you just gotta find the places that sells it for that container.

todd@bsaw
07-11-2007, 12:20 AM
I just sit my jugs upside down for a while before I empty them out like I do with motor oil.