PDA

View Full Version : Z2pro questions

mc01ta
07-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Can Z2pro be used as a sealant over other products other than all zaino line? Like over top Klasse AIO? How much is durability affected? Anybody use this product like how I`m asking?

Thanks!

Glossy McGlosserton
07-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey, there. If you do a search, you`ll find that plenty of folks used to use Z2 over KAIO. But since Z-AIO came out, not so much discussion of this. Z-AIO is easier to use, and the bonding with the Z system is, of course, uncompromised. People who used Z over KAIO were happy with it, but I can`t tell you if the great durability of Z was slightly degraded, or not.

JJUACC
07-10-2007, 03:15 PM
To properly bond to the paint (receive maximum benefit), previous protection products should be removed before applying Zaino.

Can you do it? Sure.... but you will receive less durability and less shine. Since Zaino doesn`t test its products with other vendors, there is no way to tell how much less durability & shine you will receive.

kompressornsc
07-10-2007, 03:31 PM
To properly bond to the paint (receive maximum benefit), previous protection products should be removed before applying Zaino.

Can you do it? Sure.... but you will receive less durability and less shine. Since Zaino doesn`t test its products with other vendors, there is no way to tell how much less durability & shine you will receive.

Klasse AIO has long been used as the base for Z because it does bond. Where you get into trouble with Z bonding over top of other products is when they contain waxes, silicons, fillers, etc.

mc01ta
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
thanks for the input. any real difference between z2pro and z5pro? The car is a 2007 pathfinder and color black.

gmblack3
07-10-2007, 06:29 PM
thanks for the input. any real difference between z2pro and z5pro? The car is a 2007 pathfinder and color black.

For black I always use Z5pro. It`s deeper then Z2pro which is "brighter" and IMO looks better on lighter colors. Some do like to top Z5pro with Z2pro as the last coat.

JJUACC
07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Klasse AIO has long been used as the base for Z because it does bond. Where you get into trouble with Z bonding over top of other products is when they contain waxes, silicons, fillers, etc.

The last time I chatted with Sal Zaino, he said Zaino (except Z-CS) over AIO will not bond "properly".

It may have been long used as a base but not at the recommendation of Zaino the company because Sal feels you get a better result with his products alone (not mixed with another product).

If you like the results, it`s your car, continue to use it that way.

Macruz19
07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
For black I always use Z5pro. It`s deeper then Z2pro which is "brighter" and IMO looks better on lighter colors. Some do like to top Z5pro with Z2pro as the last coat.

I agree ^ but....

Some are mixing Z2p and Z5p together as the last coat? Or you mean using Z5pro 1st, and then Z2pro as the last coat?

gmblack3
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I agree ^ but....

Some are mixing Z2p and Z5p together as the last coat? Or you mean using Z5pro 1st, and then Z2pro as the last coat?

No mixing of 2/5. Z5pro first then Z2pro as the last coat. :bigups