PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys using for suede?

Adam's Polishes
07-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I use the term suede lightly... b/c so much of it now a days is fake.

I need a solution for myself b/c my SS has factory suede in inserts. I also need a solution for my customers who have aftermarket (i.e. - Katzkin) seat covers with suede panels.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. :2thumbs:

imported_Grouse
07-09-2007, 07:08 PM
if it is suede i would sugest leather masters nubuck cleaning process. Or a large ink eraser. (no i am not kidding)

If it Alclantara or ultra sued i still prefer the nubuck cleaner, but you can also clean it like you would any fine fabric with a HWE.

BuckNaked_540i
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Real suede is not meant to be cleaned by any conventional washing. And it doesn`t like solvents. You brush suede. That`s it.

Fake suede comes in varieties. Some are `flocked`. Fibres are bonded to a material backing. That stuff can`t even be brushed without causing trouble. That`s why so many are reupholstering these parts.

If you want to safely clean anything, start by vacuuming thoroughly and vigorously. Use a solution of neutral suds and a soft sponge. Wring the sponge out and try to wipe evenly without wetting the fabric. Avoid too much rubbing in one spot, what you do on one spot you have to do everywhere or you may get water stains.

Adam's Polishes
07-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys.