PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys prices go up....

Pages : [1] 2

imported_bigfoot
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, as stated, PB prices started to go up as prices for raw materials already went up. PB`s website already has the increases reflected on most of their products (with the exception of MF`s) Better stock up now if you like them with dist. that still have them with the lower price.

Joey

Old Pirate
07-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up! looking now for some products!

ron231
07-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Honestly I see no reason to buy from poorboys anymore, chemical guys is cheaper and better IMO, and yes I do have nattys blue.

P1et
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I do love their Natural Look though. What a great product...

imported_hooked
07-09-2007, 09:22 PM
This is a serious question...Is Poorboy`s (as the name suggests) really more affordable than any other brand? When I was shopping around for product, I didn`t get the impression that it was any better deal than others.

Setec Astronomy
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
IMO it never was any cheaper (well, maybe than Zaino). The brand grew up around a car-show cult following, and kind of copied the approach and (no frills) packaging philosophy, but didn`t have the stand-apart product to go with it. Hooked, I don`t think the Poorboy`s name was meant to indicate the customer, but rather the owner, and we (the detailing community) helped him rectify that!

BobD
07-10-2007, 06:58 AM
IMO it never was any cheaper (well, maybe than Zaino). The brand grew up around a car-show cult following, and kind of copied the approach and (no frills) packaging philosophy, but didn`t have the stand-apart product to go with it. Hooked, I don`t think the Poorboy`s name was meant to indicate the customer, but rather the owner, and we (the detailing community) helped him rectify that!

I don`t know because their slogan is "Not Much Money, But What a Shine!"

CHAOS
07-10-2007, 07:23 AM
i find the poorboys products to be really nice... and a decent price... i mean there are so many products out there that are very similar that its just a matter of preference...

Setec Astronomy
07-10-2007, 08:34 AM
I don`t know because their slogan is "Not Much Money, But What a Shine!"

Yeah, but as was noted, I don`t think the Pb`s products were ever any cheaper than anything else, although I`m sure the slogan was intended to incline you to think that way.

BobD
07-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Yeah, but as was noted, I don`t think the Pb`s products were ever any cheaper than anything else, although I`m sure the slogan was intended to incline you to think that way.

Oh, I agree. I thought you where saying something else.

GlossyTundra
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I dont know why the PB`s bashing? It was all the rage 2yrs ago and most of thier stuff is stil just as good if not better than anything out there.

I still use PB`s and am proud of it!!!

imported_MCA
07-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I am not a Poorboy`s fanboy but I must defend his pricing (both current and future – to an extent). I feel that quite a bit of his lineup are of excellent value. Some of us may not remember but 3 (maybe even 4) years ago several competing boutique sealants/liquid waxes (WG, UPP, EXP, EX, SG, Rejex, CMW, etc) were roughly ~$15 per 16 ounces. My beloved WG and UPP are now ~$30 and ~$23 respectively – yet PB’s (among other brands) has only gone up to $16. It was painful back then to try everything on the market, but it has gotten excruciatingly painful now to test things considering the higher product and shipping costs. I still consider S100, Blitz, and Natty’s (original/blue) to be the performance/price ratio kings when it comes to paste wax – At times when every new wax seems to be above ~$30, these guys just keeping performing while readily available at a great price.

I don’t mean to this to be a rantâ€The pricing increase still sucks, but I just wanted to let people know that there is always two sides of the “pricing†paradoxâ€Zymol anyone :)

JustinDetail
07-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Hmm, I don`t think anyone is bashing their line, it`s a good one, it`s just that the continued increase in prices sure leaves a bad taste in my/our mouths. Raw material increases or not, their old pricing was high enough as is. Imo of course....;)

SpoiledMan
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it was the rave for me until I found better. More expensive but better.:)

Junebug
07-10-2007, 12:07 PM
The only product I`ve tried was Natty`s Blue, and I just didn`t like it. But, I don`t care for hard paste waxes, so why did I buy it? Well I thought the result would be worth the effort, in my opinion it wasn`t. Not to say that PB is a bad line, not at all - they seem to have a nice line up, but then so do several others. I think every line gets the "golden boy" treatment here and on other forums til the next be craze takes over. I`ve narrowed my focus to Optimum and Majestic Solutions, between them I can do any detail - oh damn, got to add Hi-Temp too!