PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrr! I HATE Owners Forums

Pages : [1] 2

Macko
07-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I`m a member of the RX8 Owners Cub Forum in the UK & it`s driving me mad.

Every day I see posts from know it all types gleefully advising people to do things that will ruin their paintwork. Today`s gem is how to remove bugs from the front end & the suggestions include;

Rub them with a paper towel & red-hot water

A sponge wrapped in a net bag

Pick them off with your nails

I`ve recently had a spat with a member who told me in no uncertain terms that Diamondbrite ( a stealership applied 6 year wonder sealant) is far superior to any other sealant or wax. This guy knows this because he`s been looking after his car for 30 years & everyone says how good his Diamondbrited car looks. He`s tried all the other sealants & none of them compare to the "deep glossy shine" his car has built up with regular top-ups of Diamondbrite. Needless to say, he`s never heard of Zaino, Werkstatt, UPP etc. etc. but thinks his 30 years "experience" is all that matters.

It`s getting to the stage where I can`t bear to go on the damn forum because I see so many people getting shocking advice. There`s no telling some folks. :angry

BlueLibby04
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
The thing about people like that, they believe they are always right no matter what.. What it boils down to is, they are stupid.. Plan and simple..

You cannot prove a stupid person wrong b/c they are to stupid to realize how stupid they really are.. Just post what you believe is right(and probably is) and move on..

Adam's Polishes
07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I know how you feel... the world is full of stupid people and they seem to be finding their way in droves to the internet. Sadly, short of meeting the guy face to face and doing a demo of his crap sealant and a good product side by side theres no convincing him. Its best to just KNOW that you`re right and let him be blissfully ignorant.

If ignorance is bliss, then there are a lot of VERY happy people out there.

Old Pirate
07-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I agreed with BlueLibby04 just move on and forget them, and have a Happy Detailing Day!

imported_bigfoot
07-09-2007, 03:36 PM
To make things worse, there`s forums where people SWEAR (emphasis given) over Turtle Wax Hrd Shell! Or whatever that`s called:scared:

Adam's Polishes
07-09-2007, 03:48 PM
To make things worse, there`s forums where people SWEAR (emphasis given) over Turtle Wax Hrd Shell! Or whatever that`s called:scared:

Lately I`ve had to hear more about Turtle Wax`s ICE product line... specifically the "liquid claybar" :chuckle:

Grimm
07-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Same sort of thing on a site I frequent. One guy always shows up in every wax post telling everyone to get Liquid Glass because it`s hands down better than Gold Class, like those are the only two lsp`s in existence.

Way2SSlow
07-10-2007, 02:42 PM
The thing about people like that, they believe they are always right no matter what.. What it boils down to is, they are stupid.. Plan and simple..

You cannot prove a stupid person wrong b/c they are to stupid to realize how stupid they really are.. Just post what you believe is right(and probably is) and move on..

Agreed. :werd:

danponjican
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I think that results speak for themselves. If they know so much tell them to post up pictures of their very best. Then slap a nice pic of a crystal clear reflection shot of one of your details and let the pictures talk.

ConglomrationAL
07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I agree with danpon.

I`d also like to see a link to this site!

aclassvaleting
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
macko i have given up on a bmw forum for the same sort of reason. the fella who believes in diamond brite also wears a knotted hankie on his head and believes that t cut

is the best compound on the market lol lol

ninjalogan
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
I have posted on one of my forums about Adam`s Polishes and being able to get the same products cheaper from Chemical Guys...but it falls on deaf ears. *sigh*

You can`t help the people in the dark that when shown the light throw rocks at the bulb.

paul34
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Yup. I stay out of the ScionLife detailing boards for the most part now. Some very poor advice.

Got a small scuff on the paint? "Use 3M Heavy Cut Rubbing Compound! It`s the best stuff I ever used! Put it on with an old bath towel, but make sure its soft"

what!!!!!!!

imported_Yal
07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
My favorite I heard recently was "Use Ajax on your car and thats all you need, it leaves your car very shiny and clean. Clearcoat is all the protection you need." This was from a guy who claims he has 15 years of detailing experience :eek:

Pennypacker
07-10-2007, 03:54 PM
When it comes to detailing, for some reason everyone thinks they`re an expert. The worst offenders are usually the ones who have used the same product for 50 years straight or some such...

:rolleyes: