PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang vs Duragloss - and the winner is..

Junebug
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
OK, I detailed a 02 Buick and a 05 Chevy Impala back during Memorial day weekend. The Buick was prepped and had PBA/105, the Chevy was prepped and had WG glaze/sealant. These are owned by friends of mine, husband and wife that do about the same amount of driving. The Buick just got back from a week long trip to the beach so it had the good old sea scum on it. I washed both this weekend, the Buick (DG) was still slick and shiney, water beading even on the sides. The Chevy cleaned up well, but the beading was not as tight and completely gone on the bottom 2/3 of the sides. So DG wins in my unscientific real world test. Personally, I use Optiseal - applies easier, looks better, doesn`t leave white residue on rubber like WG and lasts longer than either one - again, based on my personal observations on my own vehicle.

GlossyTundra
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
What do you think looks better June?

I know that both are supposed to have really good durability, and I havent compared looks side-by-side. I had 105 on our boat applied last october without 601. The beading has just last month stopped. It sits outside 24/7 and is washed every other week.

Junebug
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
The Buick - that Chevy just didn`t have much shine. But, I used WG on my van and Rav4 and it looked fine, may just be the type of paint.

ron231
07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I personally am not a fan of the woflgang line at all, as well as a lot of the AG products. Those wolfgang metal polishes are insanely expensive, $60 for one jar!? I mean I understand that having really fine abrasives brings more shine to the metal, but finishing off metal with a paint polish is even finer than any metal polish, I have done it myself (using paint polish after metal polish on aluminum).

AG sells some ridiculous stuff, XMT pad conditioner? Can anyone say QD?

Junebug
07-10-2007, 06:31 AM
I`m with you Ron, last summer when I decided to get into detailing I read every article I could find and looked at Properautocare and Autogeek daily reading and believing that they had some kind of special stuff (especially AG). They excell at selling, and prices but that`s all. I once pointed out the price difference between XMT and Optimum on AG`s forum - and the shills came out!Now, ya`ll don`t get me wrong, I didn`t say these were bad, no, they work and work fine - and if paying a lot more doesn`t bother you then have at it. But, my advice for anyone looking to detail on the side - Optimum and Hi-Temp, go to TOL and check the differences in price. And my new toy store - Majestic Solutions - see the other thread about them.

bwalker25
07-10-2007, 09:59 AM
alright dumb question what is TOL? and do they sell the whole optimum line? :)

Alfisti
07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies (http://www.topoftheline.com/)

Junebug
07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Also, TOL has excellent service, bwalker - you`re in Raleigh? if so, if you order on Monday, you`ll have it Thur - Fri at the latest. I know cause I ordered from them on the 2nd and even with the 4th of July holiday - I got it Friday.

bwalker25
07-10-2007, 11:51 AM
sweet, I might have to think about ordering from TOL...yup I`m in Durham

Junebug
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
City of medicine - I`m kinda east of Wake Forest, out in the boonies. Yeah, give TOL a try - they have a ton of stuff and are very nice to deal with. I wish I had started with them, I`d be getting a discount on their rewards program by now!