PDA

View Full Version : Hot Weather Storage

eleven11
07-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I`m still waiting on my vehicle to arrive, and currently have all of my new cleaning supplies inside. I`ve purchased some storage drawers, bins, etc to keep everything in my garage. I`m curious if any of my supplies should be stored inside. Chemicals include:

Zaino - Z2,5,6,7,8,9,10,16,CS,ZFX

P21S Wheel Cleaner

Stoners Glass (aerosol)

Sonus Motor Kote

Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator

Sonus Clay

303 Surface Protectant

I live in Louisville, KY. High temps are around 90-95 max. Thanks! :xyxthumbs

BlueLibby04
07-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I would also like to know this. I keep a small kit in my Jeep and you all know how hot it can get in there. I keep megs QID, mothers QD, and a small bottle of mothers cleaner wax in there. Nothing important or expensive, but I would like to know for future reference.

Im not far from you eleven11. I live around Pike county and Im going to school at Eastern kentucky University. :)

BigAl3
07-08-2007, 12:40 AM
unfortunately, i have to keep my supplies in my room as there is no room in the garage (get too hot in the summer too) or around the house (sister has ALL her stuff everywhere)...

imported_DetailDan
07-08-2007, 02:01 AM
I keep my stuff in my garage, several polishes, waxes, etc. The conditions in there during the day are around 90*+ with 70%+ humidity. At night it gets down to about 75*. Now I havent had a problem so far, but I dont imagine these are good conditions. Ill be putting AC in there ASAP. I say try to store them in a max temp of 75*.

stiffdogg06
07-08-2007, 02:40 AM
All my products are stored right in the basement always around 68-73 degrees.

David Fermani
07-08-2007, 07:14 AM
I`d say that all your liquids and clay are fine in extreme heat. I`d keep a close eye on waxes/polishes to see if they are separating. I`m sure they`ll be fine. Cold whether is much worse.

EclassBenz
07-08-2007, 07:49 AM
i would think that they would have storage instructions on the bottle. i think youre fine with the 303 outside though

Crusader101
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I only worry about my products being exposed to freezing temps and give them a shake in hot weather every few days to avoid seperation. I`ve never had a product go bad by being exposed to hot temps but have had some ruined when frozen during the winter.

imported_Puckman
07-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I`m very particular about my Zaino inventory. I had a bottle of Z8 go bad and got the famous red strands applied to my hood. I keep my Z7, 9, 10, 16 in the garage and have never had a problem. My situation is extreme heat as I`m in Tampa. My Z2,5,6,8,CS and ZFX are all kept in the air conditioned house when not in use.

I`ve never had any heat induced issues with P21S, Stoners, 303, clays etc in the garage. Of course all of my MF towels, buffers and pads stay out there too.

violentveedub
07-10-2007, 07:44 AM
I think high heat really did a number on my Vanilla Moose. It`s separated hard after I left it in the car for a day. It`s to the point were you can shake it back up but it separates again almost immediately, I`ve noticed it doesn`t work as well now either...:mad:

Duragloss spray bottles also don`t do well in high heat (in car) they kinda expand and don`t spray so well anymore...

quantim0
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I have my supplies in my garage. The only thing I have noticed seporate is Optimums products, especially OP. It turns into a really watery liquid. With a shake for about 30 sec it turns back to normal consistancy, staying that way for a few days. Is this something that I should be worried about and bring the stuff inside?

Accumulator
07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
My previous shop got *HOT*, so hot that the overhead door motors would seize up and the thermometer on the thermosat would be pegged at the extreme end of its travel. The only product that ever went bad under those conditions was Meguiar`s #34 and that took a few years.

In my current (climate controlled) shop, I seldom turn on the A/C unless I`m working on something. I usually have the thermostat in the storage area set in the 90s during warm weather.

eleven11
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I`m very particular about my Zaino inventory. I had a bottle of Z8 go bad and got the famous red strands applied to my hood. I keep my Z7, 9, 10, 16 in the garage and have never had a problem. My situation is extreme heat as I`m in Tampa. My Z2,5,6,8,CS and ZFX are all kept in the air conditioned house when not in use.

I`ve never had any heat induced issues with P21S, Stoners, 303, clays etc in the garage. Of course all of my MF towels, buffers and pads stay out there too.

Thanks for the specific Zaino details. That`s pretty much the same ones I`ve been considering keeping inside.

imported_smprince1
07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I think high heat really did a number on my Vanilla Moose. It`s separated hard after I left it in the car for a day. It`s to the point were you can shake it back up but it separates again almost immediately, I`ve noticed it doesn`t work as well now either...:mad:

I think the same thing happened to my bottle of VM. Some products must be more sensitive than others.