PDA

View Full Version : Lurker from Orlando comming out of the woodwork

D0rk
07-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone.

My name is Kris, currently a resident of Orlando, Florida. I`m a student at UCF.

I`ve been lurking for months in preparation for bringing home a new car, hopefully on Monday. That car will be a 2007 Volkswagen GTI.

I`m looking forward to receiving and caring for it, after years of driving a beater that would only get a wash from Florida`s frequent on and off summer showers. Hopefully what I learn from this community will help me keep a GTI that stands out at the local VW club meets and events.

Kris

EDIT: Can someone tell me why I can`t post in the Car Detailing forum? I`ve tried twice to make a post there but both times when I think it goes through, the post never shows up.

paul34
07-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi Kris! Nice to see another UCFer on the boards!

Oh and congrats on the GTi! They are sweet cars :) .

I drive a Scion tC, but its all stock still... so you won`t be able to tell the difference between mine and the hundreds of others on campus :( . Well, mine is a little cleaner (sometimes) hehe

D0rk
07-07-2007, 04:23 PM
For a while the tC was one of my top picks while shopping, but the huge number of them on campus was one of the reasons I didn`t choose it.

Joshua312
07-07-2007, 05:40 PM
EDIT: Can someone tell me why I can`t post in the Car Detailing forum? I`ve tried twice to make a post there but both times when I think it goes through, the post never shows up.

Hey Kris, I think the reason you can post is because you have to have a minimum post of like 5 or 10 before being able to post in that section. This is just so people don`t spam all the time.

By the way, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car