PDA

View Full Version : Questiong for iPod users...

RUBigDog05
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
As you all might know I recently bought an iPod. Before I even had an Ipod, I had iTunes to keep my music organized. I would like to free up space on my computer and thought since all my music is on my iPod, I could go ahead and delete all the music from my laptop. Is this a good idea or not? I do have a DVD burner on my laptop so I was thinking I could put all my music on a DVD to store it. I`m thinking if I do want to play the music from the iPod through my computer speakers, as soon as I hook the iPod to the computer, iTunes will show up with all the music on it. Can someone clarify that and give me suggestions on what to do to free up space on my laptop. Thanks

awd330
06-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I purchased an external USB hard drive and copied over my music and video files. That saved me several GB of space on my laptop.

1999NCSU
06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
When I connect my ipod, I can not play the songs on it through itunes. Yours maybe different. I really like the idea of the seperate hard drive. I will soon be adding one to my desktop for my music, pictures, and video. At one point I did keep everything on the ipod and nothing on the hard drive. It was fine, but I prefer to have it on the HD. If you don`t get an external HD do burn your music to a dvd. My sister had to reset her ipod once and she had to rerip all of her songs.

JaredPointer
06-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Don`t count on your iPod to be the sole storage source of your music. If someone steals the iPod, you won`t only lose it, but you`ll los eall your music as well. I agree with the other folks - get a dedicated music storage device.

Scott P
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
The external hard drive idea sounds like your best option. When plugged in, your computer sees it as an extra dirve on your system. Getting all those extra music files off your PC will free up space and posibly make it run a bit faster.

jpzapata
06-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Or if you want to go even cheaper get a dvd burner and back up you music on a dvd-r. I did this and on one disc i can have over a 700 songs. Also the disks are really cheap if you buy them buy the spindle and no fancy lables.

Focusedonsound
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I use an external wireless network harddrive .. basicly a hard drive that the entire network can use ... lil expensive for the wireless option but well worth it! i even use it to install big programs to. Photoshop Macromedia flash among others