PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-6 vs. Megs QD

imported_never gone
07-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Which do you prefer and why? I personally don`t know if I can really tell the difference between the two.

quantim0
07-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Well Z6 is good, but just like most everything else from zaino, I feel it is way too expensive for what you get. Z6 is $80 a gallon since he refuses to sell in bulk.

I have used a lot of QDs and all compare to Z6 well. I like CG Speed Wipe at $21 a gallon. The most expensive QD you will find anywhere else seems to be about $40 a gallon which is still half of what Zaino sells their stuff for.

Overpriced.

gmblack3
07-06-2007, 02:55 PM
If you are using zaino on your car (Z2/5pro) then use Z6. I usually cut Z6 50/50 with distilled water and it still works very well.

pwaug
07-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I`ve been using Zaino products for a few years, but bought a bottle of the new Megs UQD as it is less expensive and available OTC. My initial impressions are that Z6 improves shine and is slick immediately. I was impressed with the UQD in that it seemed to deepen my shine and make the metallic flake stand out on my Granite Green Passat. Initially I didn`t think it was as slick as the Z6, but after a few hours it seemed to harden and provide equal slickness to the Z6. A good product and the price is good. Can`t comment on durability as after all it is a QD.

JeffM
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
When you say they all compare to Z6 well, does that mean they all can be used within the Zaino system, or will they create bonding issues when adding more layers of Z2/5 ?

How many QD`s give pop and slickness without "goop" like Z6 does?

Zaino is like a fine olive oil. Sure you can buy a store brand name and saute` some onions with it , but its not the same.

imported_SHICKS
07-06-2007, 08:19 PM
z6 and z8(not a QD) are my current favorite. I use tons of other QD`s for various tasks but always go back to zaino. Meg`s UQD is nice, but not the best I have used. It seems more like a spray sealant than a QD.

Steve

wannafbody
07-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I find Z6 is easier to work with cut with distilled water. If you use QD`s every day then other products may be cheaper. For bulk use QEW in a spray bottle is pretty cost effective.