PDA

View Full Version : NXT Topper

Nethervue
06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
What would be a decent otc topper for NXT? Meg #26? I have some step 3 carnuba as well (from the Megs 3 step process).

Also, what would achieve better results from these OTC products....Megs 3 step process or ColorX, NXT, and lets say #26? Its going on a silver/pewter Jimmy. I normally detail the truck every couple of months, more frequent during the summer...so the paint is in good condition. I don`t have to lift any oxidation.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

GregCavi
06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Well if it were me I woudl probably go with:

Wash
Clay
Wash
Color X
NXT

Its hard to really say though which is better. Im thinking that the 3 step has a paint cleaner, polish, and wax. The color X will polish the paint up and maybe remove some minor defects. The NXT will help hide defects and then the #26 will give you a nice warm glow. I reccomend claying if you have never done it or if you havnt done it in the last few months. Let us know how everything goes!!

GOod LUck

Greg

Boss_429
06-05-2005, 06:41 AM
I think Greg covered it nicely.

For the carnauba topper, any high quality carnauba with a minimum amount of cleaning ability should work fine.

scrub
06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Greg`s spot on. I don`t wash after claying though. If you do use ColorX, apply and work this product in a little longer than you would a normal wax. This product works better if a little more (to steal a term) "passion" is applied to the applicator and surface. To get the maximum affect, workin colorX let haze and remove versus spreading an even coat let haze and remove. The extra time will allow the chemical cleaners to do their work. See what I mean?

With regards to topping NXT. The most compliments I received from my car was when I topped NXT with #26 a week later. The car was a dark green Mustang GT. You`ll love the look and wet appearance the silver will take on with the products.

Good luck

matthiasj
06-12-2005, 11:58 AM
With regards to topping NXT. The most compliments I received from my car was when I topped NXT with #26 a week later. The car was a dark green Mustang GT. You`ll love the look and wet appearance the silver will take on with the products.

Good luck

Do you have any pictures of your stang after the wax? I have an identical stang to yours.

Don
06-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I haven`t been able to keep up with mine for over a month, so it`s going to need the `full boat` treatment.

I`m going to go with:

Clay
DC Paint Cleaner
Color-X (maybe)
NXT Liquid
Collinite Insulator

That should put the sparkle back in my headlights