PDA

View Full Version : Targets Vroom MF towels discussion

GregCavi
06-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Hello all!

I was at target today and saw they had some vroom mf`s they seemed to be pretty decent quality. The 5 pack was 6 bucks and the 12 pack was 8 bucks. These are white and the trim is orange on 6 and grey on the other 6. I figured these woudl work pretty good for the RV I will be doing as well as windows and such. The edges are pretty good. There is only one towel with a sharp edge so i will not use that one or fold the edge. Anyone else try these yet? What would be your limitation to use.

I also picked up 2 very plush MFs for 4 bucks. They were very plush and the edge`s were pretty decent. Anyone tried these. If so what would be your limitation of use for them.

Thanks

Greg

97FLAIRSIDE
06-07-2005, 05:12 AM
I bought a 12 pack and ever since every target around has been sold out of them. They can`t keep the vroom stuff in stock. I like to use them on more of my trim then paint.

GregCavi
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Ya i have used them on the interior and such. They are actually good quality towels IMHO. The 2 plusher ones I got really suprised me on the quality. They are quite good and they have very nice edges on the towels. Nothing sharp. Are they Cobra MF`s? No, but they are definatly worth the 8 bucks i paid.

Greg

matthiasj
06-07-2005, 11:44 PM
i got em, and only use them on paint. I dont have anything better, i use the crappier detailers pride from walmart on interior, tires...ect.

Dr Groove
06-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

I`m headed to Target today and will pick up some of the towels you have mentioned and report back later.

cgc2
06-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Those large Vroom Drying MF towels are really impressive in drying my vehicles.
I have relegated the WW towels to my wife for wiping down the shower glass because these have taken there place as my go to drying material.

They are priced $8.00, but I got them back when there were post on the scanned price coming up $3.29. I dont know if Target has fixed it, because everytime I go there they are sold out.

Kimo
06-29-2005, 02:32 PM
I wanted to bring this up again - I just picked up 4 of those really plush towels (2 of the 2 packs). They are grey and VERY nice. They are more plush than the green freebie I got from premiumautocare.com. Like Greg, I`m pretty impressed.

Much better than the costco ones I am using, and at less than $2 a towel, I think it`s a deal.

Only gripe is that they are 12"x12". :)

J

GregCavi
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
THe ones I picked up were blue but they might be the same thing. Very plush. I have used them on my paint. I fold in the corners just in case they have defects. I havent had any problems with marring from the towels to the paint. I go through my cobra and pak shak towels before I grab these though.

Greg

adreed24
07-14-2005, 11:49 PM
I have never used microfiber towels, but I saw the VROOM towels in Target and I was wondering about their quality; on a scale of "1 to 10", "10" being great. I was mainly going to try them for removing liquid/paste wax, and to help apply "Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry".

I had never heard of VROOM car products until this summer. They have wash, wax, protectant, etc. Is VROOM stuff any good?; how does it compare to other more established car products?

Thanks in advance!

vantage
07-15-2005, 12:36 AM
I bought the large drying towel, as well as the pack of 2 blue MF towels which have the same exact weave and thickness.

They`re really nice for the interior, buffing leather, or removing Leatherique. Haven`t had the courage to use them on the paint, but I bet they`re fine.

- J

Dr Groove
07-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Adreed24 - VROOM is Target`s private label. I`ve only used their MF Towels.
I believe I`ve read other posts about their car wash which was favorable.
Who knows, their car wash is probably made by Meguiar`s !

Regarding their MF towels, I think they`re pretty good. Scale? Probaly a 6. Certainly not equal to the high quality premium one`s we can pay from 5 to 8 bucks a pop. But decent nonetheless, and for the price they are a real bargain. As others have said they`re great for door jams, leather treatment application, etc. I`ve used them to remove wax and haven`t noticed any residual scratches caused by the towels.

The only thing I don`t like about them is their size, which is 12 inch square.
Just a personal thing.

Why not give them a try and post a product review.

cgc2
07-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I picked up 5 of the Vroom MF Drying Towels that measure to be 23.5 in X 40.
They are very thick, very plush, and the kicker was they only cost 2.88/piece.
One towel get a car done no problem, suv`s might need a follow up w/ a standard 16x16 MF.

They perform so well, that I cannot imagine spending more for a Mf towel. What would I gain ? They have not marred nor scratched any of the vehicles I use it on.

Even at the regular price of 7.99, I would recommend it.

vantage
07-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Compared to the Vroom MF drying towel, I find the high quality waffle weave MF towels are much better at drying the car. Less streaking when just blotting and no need to wipe.

- J

cgc2
07-16-2005, 10:18 AM
High quality WW have never done it for me.
I prefer my Absorber over it.

The MF Drying towel has not created any streaking issues for me.
But then again, I typically spray the car while wet with a high
quality DS and then dry.