PDA

View Full Version : Detail supplies retail stores in Bay Area, CA

LSB M
07-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy Lake Country pads locally??

Kragens nearby did not have any pads for the PC at all!

jesselyons2002
07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
You would have to go to a paint shop and that where you would mostly find megauirs pads. Well that what I find around here in the antelope valley.

jamesuh
07-06-2007, 12:18 AM
I`ve never seen Lake Country pads locally. jesselyons is right, if you can find pads they would probably be Meguiar`s pads.

fdizzle
07-06-2007, 03:39 AM
i concur with o2 sc frontier . . . online is the only place us bay area folks can go to. and please. . . if i am wrong someone please correct me . . . i would love a place that sold such rarities locally.

LSB M
07-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Oh what a pain..

what about other pads.. mcGuires, Edge, whatever... any stores in bay area carry them? What did folks do before e-commerce... geez...

jamesuh
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I think the best chance you have is finding Meguiar`s pads. I`ll PM you the link to find local Meguiar`s distributors.

NickelPlated.45
07-06-2007, 11:55 AM
What did folks do before e-commerce... geez...

They lived in caves and wrote on walls... :D

I`ve never bought pads anywhere but online. My advice is find what you like and stock up on your next order. Mines not coming until next week :mad:

jamesuh
07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Detailing supplies are a niche market. Unless you use mainly Meguiar`s, Mothers, Turtle-Wax, etc. You aren`t going to find much at an actual store. Even with Meguiar`s, their detailing line isn`t easy to come by. Just wait until there are a bunch of things you want and buy them from one place online.

mr.ikon
07-06-2007, 03:05 PM
a local detail shop in my around me sells megs pads. but sacramento is quite the distance.

TrueDetailer
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Go to your local discount tool store. Harbor freight, etc.

Theres a tool store about 3 miles from me that carries the edge pads.

p.s. rain sucks.

the other pc
07-06-2007, 03:26 PM
...Kragens nearby did not have any pads for the PC at all!

I’d be very surprised if they did.

Retail hard parts stores rarely have specialty detailing products because they just don’t sell in the kind of volume they need to justify giving them shelf space. Only a tiny fraction of the public owns professional buffers so there’s no incentive for the stores to carry supplies for them.

Specialty dealers for the paint and body shop industry will carry pads and be able to order pads they don’t stock (from the manufacturers they do carry). Meg’s, 3M and SM Arnold should be easy to find locally, probably Edge too.

Not too long ago, I called Lake Country to ask if they had any dealers in SoCal and they said no. IIRC they said they had none in CA at all. They recommended online ordering.

PC.

DavidJ021
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/southwest-usa/86278-hi-im-new-need-help-located-detail-supplies-bay-area.html

BlackElantraGT
07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I`ve never been to an actual PBE store but I have seen Meguiar`s pads and Edge`s pads at specialty stores. For pads, especially Lake Country, your best bet is to just order from the web.

If shipping time is a concern, order from Patrick@Excel Detail or from Autopia`s car care website. They`re located in CA so shipping won`t take long. If it`s Meguiar`s that you want, look into ADS (autodetailingsolutions dotcom). They are located in Arizona and shipping takes 1-2 business days via UPS.