PDA

View Full Version : CG Citrus wash killed NXT

Pages : [1] 2

LazerRed1
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Washed my daughter`s car with my new CG Citrus Wash and it killed the beading of the wax.

Noticed it imediately on the hood. No more beads, just sheeting. Kinda ticked me off cause I just waxed it a month ago and it was beading nicely before the wash.

Used 1/2oz to 2 gal. of the wash. I will say that I washed my car which has FMJ and had no problems, so I suspect it`s more the lack of durability of the NXT rather than the wash, I just didn`t want to re-wax so soon.

Plan is tonight to wash hers again with the CG at the stripping rate and re-do with FMJ.

Is this a problem with CG on all waxes but not sealants or just the NXT?

Alfisti
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Maybe the Citrus wash left something behind to sheet the water off. Some washes do that...it`s actually a good function.

Try lightly dry-buffing the paint with a soft MF. If that makes no difference, try QDing the finish before you do something more drastic. :D

pt91
07-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I used CG citrus wash on cars that are going to be polished, clayed, paint cleansed, etc because it is a strong wash. I don`t use it for maintainence washes.

Great product.

LazerRed1
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe the Citrus wash left something behind to sheet the water off. Some washes do that...it`s actually a good function.

Try lightly dry-buffing the paint with a soft MF. If that makes no difference, try QDing the finish before you do something more drastic. :D

I`ll try this. Good thought.

joyriiide1113
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
My strong opinion is that the oils of NXT washed off with the Citruswash, and the only thing left behind was the actual protection. NXT is said by some to have poor burabilty because the look and beading only last a few weeks or a month. NXT has tons of oils, and I have noticed that after all that is gone what is left is a perfectly good layer of protection that instead of beading, sheets. Yea I know, how can you tell when its gone. Well there is a difference in sheeting between a car thats protected and an unprotected car. Water just sits on it longer when its not protected. If what you miss is the nice look and gloss, use the NXT QD after the wash or Booster wax.

LazerRed1
07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
My strong opinion is that the oils of NXT washed off with the Citruswash, and the only thing left behind was the actual protection. NXT is said by some to have poor burabilty because the look and beading only last a few weeks or a month. NXT has tons of oils, and I have noticed that after all that is gone what is left is a perfectly good layer of protection that instead of beading, sheets. Yea I know, how can you tell when its gone. Well there is a difference in sheeting between a car thats protected and an unprotected car. Water just sits on it longer when its not protected. If what you miss is the nice look and gloss, use the NXT QD after the wash or Booster wax.

I think I have some Finishing Touch I could try.

BlueLibby04
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Very well said joyriiide... I had never thought about it like that.. :)

DW849
07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Washed my daughter`s car with my new CG Citrus Wash and it killed the beading of the wax.

Noticed it imediately on the hood. No more beads, just sheeting. Kinda ticked me off cause I just waxed it a month ago and it was beading nicely before the wash.

Used 1/2oz to 2 gal. of the wash. I will say that I washed my car which has FMJ and had no problems, so I suspect it`s more the lack of durability of the NXT rather than the wash, I just didn`t want to re-wax so soon.

Plan is tonight to wash hers again with the CG at the stripping rate and re-do with FMJ.

Is this a problem with CG on all waxes but not sealants or just the NXT?

Thanks for the head`s up on NXT. I was considering getting some since I read it had polymers in it. I`ve had no durability problems with Klasse SG w/ Pinnacle souveran over it.

JustinDetail
07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
agreed, cg`s wash n gloss is some amazing stuff! thanks for the comparison though.

jimmie jam
07-05-2007, 05:52 PM

i agree. i use NXT on my 03 avalanche. garage kept, never been driven in rain. after a few washes over 2-3 month time period (this car has 13,000 miles and is going on 4years old) i notice the same. although the "real beading" is gone it is obvious that it is still protecting. a light QD and the POP is back along with the beading. there is no reason to continually "wax" this vehicle. it`s protected, i know! :grinno:

jamesuh
07-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Haven`t used Citrus wash but it sounds like a powerful soap. Maybe its too acidic and took some of the wax off?

JeffM
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
i agree. i use NXT on my 03 avalanche. garage kept, never been driven in rain. after a few washes over 2-3 month time period (this car has 13,000 miles and is going on 4years old) i notice the same. although the "real beading" is gone it is obvious that it is still protecting. a light QD and the POP is back along with the beading. there is no reason to continually "wax" this vehicle. it`s protected, i know! :grinno:

Its protected from what? You dont let it out lol

P1et
07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I absolutely love Citrus Wash, I use about an ounce to make a 5 gallon bucket and wash both cars at once.

I cannot say it strips wax though, but it`s powerful stuff if not diluted properly. I am running Pete`s `53 on my truck and P21S on the Explorer and no issues.

jimmie jam
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Its protected from what? You dont let it out lol

you`re not going to believe it but it gets "let out" more that two of my other cars! :bat :rofl

(if it makes you feel better my DD is a 2001 caddy with 71k on it) :woot:

LazerRed1
07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I woosed out and went ahead and hit it with another coat of NXT. Car lives in Chicago and a little more protection certainly won`t hurt.