PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, Long Time No See! Need Some Help!

albertoiffrlw
07-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow, ive been so busy with work, ive been out of touch with you guys for like, forever! I hope everyone is having a safe holiday!!

Anyhow. i just picked up a brand new mazdspeed 3.. My first one was black and the dealership burned the clutch up bring it to the dealership for a dealer trade. I refused the car and had to take a silver one, since finding any with navigation is a pain.

Im a black paint guy but seeing this silver was sort of thrown onto me, i need to know what you guys are using to make it look brillant!?! I want some pop.

throw your suggestions out. I was thinking of blackfire poly.

Brace1
07-04-2007, 08:57 PM
For some pop, P21 wax is pretty good (but short lifespan). Wolfgang sealant is supposed to be pretty good for silver, as well as 4* sealant.

I`ve been using Aquawax lately on my silver Mazda 6, as a booster for the P21, along with FK1`s 425 after washing or QD`ing and it really leaves a brilliant gloss.

imported_DennisH
07-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I like Opti-Seal or DG105 and AquaWax and Zaino Z2Pro with Z6 looks nice on silver also. I have been really pleased with Opti-Seal and lack of streaking and works great on trim and glass - Durability is still up in the air but it was released the middle of April and still going strong on both my daily drivers without QDs, booster or shampoo / sealant/wax combos. Lots of nice products and lot of the new releases are sounding really interesting.

Accumulator
07-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Assuming it`s the same silver as on my MPV, I find that (with good prep) the Klasse twins look surprisingly good on Mazda silver. I`m not a big fan of KSG`s looks, absolutely hate it on silver Audis, but with four or more layers I truly like how it looks on the MPV.

You sure wouldn`t go wrong with the 4* UPP though, I love it on the silver S8.

greg'sgoat
07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
If it has any metallic in the paint try DP MaxWax or Pinnacle Sig Series II. Both really make metallics and lighter colors pop. I use the Wolfgang DGPS and MaxWax combo on my black metallic, and it pops like crazy.

Bigpoppa3346
07-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I like Opti-Seal or DG105 and AquaWax and Zaino Z2Pro with Z6 looks nice on silver also. I have been really pleased with Opti-Seal and lack of streaking and works great on trim and glass - Durability is still up in the air but it was released the middle of April and still going strong on both my daily drivers without QDs, booster or shampoo / sealant/wax combos. Lots of nice products and lot of the new releases are sounding really interesting.

I agree about the Opti-Seal on silver. Easy to use, holding up well at 6+ weeks, and looks good.

SubyDude
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
opti-seal over p21s looks great on silvers.

albertoiffrlw
07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Im staying away from carnuba on this car. Where can i find the opt-seal at?

PTRon
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
If I`m breaking any rules by posting this link, I`m truly sorry. I`m just trying to answer his question. Optimum Opti-Seal with Free Bonus (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html)