PDA

View Full Version : What to use on chrome plated plastic???

3fiddyz
07-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi guys

Ive started to get some light scratches on my SMG gearknob and not sure what to use to remove them. They are very light, you cant feel them

Material feels like chrome plated plastic - unless someone knows otherwise????

The gearknob has a clear round section on top that ive been using Meguairs PlasticX on, but not sure whether it`s too harsh for the chrome part

any help appreciated

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scascone/m3a/135_3584.jpg

Accumulator
07-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I`ve never found a way to remove scratches from chromed plastic (or from "real" chrome plating either) and yo uhave to be careful that you don`t cause problems; the chromed plastic is often sorta fragile.

I generally just use the Klasse twins on it, but if you want to hide some awful marring I`d go with the same sort of glaze/heavy carnauba approach you`d use on marred paint. Never really hid all that much for me though..

NickelPlated.45
07-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Dude your steering wheel is on the wrong side!! You might want to get that checked out!!

Anyways, got any pics of the whole car? I love bmw`s :dance

3fiddyz
07-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Dude your steering wheel is on the wrong side!! You might want to get that checked out!!

Anyways, got any pics of the whole car? I love bmw`s :dance

check my sig for pics when i first got the car

ive done a fair bit of work to it since then, ill post some new pics after a quick winter detail soon - just got my hands on the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and eager to top it over the layered 3 month old Z2-Pro

White lexus 23
07-05-2007, 03:40 AM
sweeet car!

NickelPlated.45
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
check my sig for pics when i first got the car

Lovely, just lovely. I`ve always thought bmw has the best shades of blue.