PDA

View Full Version : DG AW vs. Meg`s Ultimate QD... similiar? completely different?

bast525
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Just wondering. I`ve been seeing ads for Meg`s Ultimate lately... sounds an awful lot like DG AW to me, possibly with the added benefit of actually having some cleaning ability to it.

Just wondering if I`m correct in this assumption or if the two have more difference than this. I`ve been using DG AW for a while now and really like it as an after-wash touch up. I`m too lazy to fully wax and detail my car evern month or two but the AW definately seems to hold up nice for at least a good month, and is so easy to work with that doing it as part of every wash is no big deal.

I use Meg`s QD between washes as well but would love to combine the benefits of the QD`s cleaning with the boosting ability of AW into one nice step.

johnle
07-04-2007, 12:23 AM
aquawax is a sealant booster that doesnt lubricate or clean, Meg`s QD is a quick detailer it cleans and protects but not nearly as long (guessing)

ManiZ
07-04-2007, 01:13 AM
AW is a spray-on wax; UQD is just that, a QD. one cannot be considered a total replacement for the other.

wannafbody
07-04-2007, 09:50 AM
a spray wax and a QD are two different things

derekbmw
07-04-2007, 09:54 AM
After using UQD few times, I`ll rather get AW....not to mention they are completely different products..

imported_memnuts
07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Derek,

Are there any features about UQD that makes it an unique addition to our QD collections.

TIA

Scottwax
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi Derek,

Are there any features about UQD that makes it an unique addition to our QD collections.

TIA

I got a full sized sample bottle for testing prior to UQD and what I have found is that it goes on and off streak free, adds a good bit of slickness, has a warm carnauba look and beads like crazy for a week or so. It also sheets water like mad when you flood the paint. Definitely the best OTC QD I have used. Overall, I still like Clearkote`s Quikshine more (adds more to the look, seems to have longer lasting effects) but for a product you can buy off the shelf at a reasonable price, UQD can`t be beat.

imported_memnuts
07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
I got a full sized sample bottle for testing prior to UQD and what I have found is that it goes on and off streak free, adds a good bit of slickness, has a warm carnauba look and beads like crazy for a week or so. It also sheets water like mad when you flood the paint. Definitely the best OTC QD I have used. Overall, I still like Clearkote`s Quikshine more (adds more to the look, seems to have longer lasting effects) but for a product you can buy off the shelf at a reasonable price, UQD can`t be beat.

Appreciate the response.

:idea Might have to give it try.

:birthday: :usa

derekbmw
07-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi Derek,

TIA

After using it few times, compared to other QDs I have (which are QS, Z6, #425, S&G, DG), I can personally say that `water beading` and "initial slickness` is better than other QDs. But both beading/slickness didn`t last long.

I will give more tries, and update you.

EDIT : Yeah give it a try, after rebate it`s only like $5 or something :)

bast525
07-11-2007, 04:17 PM
So... keep using AW as a final layer wax, and then just upgrade to UQD for better cleaning with some added coating of slickness...?

Still loving AW though, just applied it for the second time in two months after a wash... seems to be looking and working even better now. Rained last night while I was at work, the car was still very wet when I got out to it to drive home. All the water just blew right off. Windows and paint are very clean for having just been in the rain... almost no water spotting, and the dirt that also accumalated with the water spots dusted right off very easy.

imported_Larry A
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I picked up a bottle of UQD today . I figure that for $5.00 after rebate it worth a try. I gave my car a quick spray and wipe , and it did look good , but not any better of worst then the other qds I use. We will see how it sheets or beads. It reminds me a lot of Perfect Detail. At the very least its one of the best looking.

rkf76
07-13-2007, 12:55 AM
I got a full sized sample bottle for testing prior to UQD and what I have found is that it goes on and off streak free, adds a good bit of slickness, has a warm carnauba look and beads like crazy for a week or so. It also sheets water like mad when you flood the paint. Definitely the best OTC QD I have used. Overall, I still like Clearkote`s Quikshine more (adds more to the look, seems to have longer lasting effects) but for a product you can buy off the shelf at a reasonable price, UQD can`t be beat.I have a bottle of it as well but haven`t used it yet. In your experience, is it a product that will/can degrade your LSP?