PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Window/Glass Cloths

Pages : [1] 2

mazdaguy
07-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone had tried these. The price was too good to pass up...I`ll try them after the rain goes away. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried these. Mainstays Home/Walmart brand

Thanks a bunch!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb246/maxima3000/Set2.jpg

Way2SSlow
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I just use regular old MF`s for glass. Let us know how they work out for ya.

jesselyons2002
07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I use those. Those worked out good, but they really don`t soak up that much.

Pats300zx
07-03-2007, 07:35 PM
A great towel for the money.

mazdaguy
07-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Alright its settled. I`ll use em after the rain. Thanks a lot for the input:2thumbs:

BlackElantraGT
07-04-2007, 02:05 AM
These have been my go to towels for cleaning windows for awhile now. To clean, I spray my glass cleaner of choice and use the Walmart glass cleaning mf towel. I find that the tighter weave of this towel helps cut any grime/buildup on the glass. Then I make a drying pass with a generic Costco/Sam`s club mf towel. For me, it`s made cleaning windows a bit easier while also having less streaks.

mazdaguy
07-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Thankyou, I was wondering how would I use these, BlackElantra. I may stay up all night just to wash the car before the neighbors LOL

mazdaguy
07-04-2007, 02:22 AM
I just use regular old MF`s for glass. Let us know how they work out for ya.....Way2slow

Yanno whats weird, I cant really tell if the windows are really clean, unless its at night and I tend to wash in early morning shade *shrugs* But, ill let ya know how they work for me. I used to use crumpled newspaper and walmart glass cleaner. Doesnt seem to be doing the job. *shrugs*

BlackElantraGT
07-04-2007, 02:37 AM
I used to like using newspaper, but I got tired of dealing with getting ink all over my hand, having wet, crumpled, shredded newspaper everywhere, and then having the remainder of my dry newspaper blown away by the wind outside. Plus I always felt like I was that homeless guy coming up to you at gas stations cleaning your windshield with newspaper and watered-down Windex!

mazdaguy
07-04-2007, 02:42 AM
I used to like using newspaper, but I got tired of dealing with getting ink all over my hand, having wet, crumpled, shredded newspaper everywhere, and then having the remainder of my dry newspaper blown away by the wind outside. Plus I always felt like I was that homeless guy coming up to you at gas stations cleaning your windshield with newspaper and watered-down Windex!

LOL!! :wow:

I think the newspaper leaves a film on the glass, and the cheap walmart window cleaner may be a problem for me??:grrr

imported_Jakerooni
07-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Sams club has some nice MF towels as well and their associated with Walmart so you should be able to pick everything up in bulk if you need. I think they had 25 MF for $10 or something along those lines.

mazdaguy
07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Sams club has some nice MF towels as well and their associated with Walmart so you should be able to pick everything up in bulk if you need. I think they had 25 MF for $10 or something along those lines.

Not a member of Sam`s....But when mom comes to town. I`ll have to coerce her into taking me to sams.....:hm

Thanks Jakerooni

ndtechie05
07-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I used these yesterday on the interior with no product, awesome results

Excel AquaClear Optical. (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29279&pd=187190&recview=11)

BigAl3
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
i`ve tried those kind of glass cloths (like the one pictured above) but didn`t really impress me. i use an edgeless mf cloth (like the one below) which has worked excellent in my experience...

http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/vik/988500.jpg

mazdaguy
07-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I used these yesterday on the interior with no product, awesome results

Excel AquaClear Optical. (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29279&pd=187190&recview=11)

Thanks ND, I like the way they look. But the shipping costs more than the cloths LOL

Im gonna look into ordering more products. Looks like those cloths would be nice.

Havent tried the Mainstays/Walmart brand yet. Too busy, but hell or highwater im washing my filthy black car today! :cool: