PDA

View Full Version : Question on detailing of lease vehicles

CARWAX
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi, we have been leasing cars/suvs for around 10 years or so.My question is for anyone leasing a vehicle, how many of you guys maintain the car as you would your own?

We are returning a Rendezvous today, and I completly detailed the car over the week-end to turn it in.Extracted carpeting,seats, wheeled exterior,everything.With two boys under 10,the vehicles can get pretty dirty!LOL!This even though at least once a week the cars get a good bath,and interior vacum,wipe down.

So, any help would be appreciated!

BlueZero
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I don`t lease my current vehicle, but leased the past 3. I always treated them the same as the ones I bought. I`ve never been charged with excessive wear or anything like that.

tom p.
07-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I`d never spend 10 hours cleaning a vehicle that was about to be returned unless there was reason to do so. Doesn`t it make more sense to invest 10 hrs in the new vehicle?

I`ve never done anything more than a quick wash (incl. wheels) and a quick vacuum. Cars are always 100% presentable when returned.

imported_DetailDan
07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I guess its different if you as a detailer are leasing a car, or someone else. Usually, a detailer will keep the car in better condition then your average Joe would. That being said, you probably wont need to spend ample amounts of time detailing it. That is of course, not including two 10 year old boys.

A lot of customers I get are leasing their cars and bring them to me before returning them, or to just keep them up.

RJJ
07-07-2007, 08:31 AM
carwax, I take more heat from my wife as to the care I give all our leased cars. I HAVE to take care of them as if I purchased rather than leased, this includes 3k or so oil changes, synthetic of course.

The reason, there is always the chance that we will purchase the thing rather than re-lease, has not happened in ten years or so, but..........

Who ever gets one of our leases has the best used car on the planet.