PDA

View Full Version : Detailing my first porsche

2StepsAhead
07-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Its an 02/03 911 Turbo, after reading a bunch of threads it looks like I`m in for some fun. At the moment I only have a pc to work with an optimum compound, optimum polish, hitemp magnum 357 and extreme cut. I`ve been reading that ill need something really tough to cut porsche clear so I was thinking about ordering menzerna sip or ip, I have orange and yellow lc pads....think the menzerna is necessary?

CHAOS
07-03-2007, 08:11 AM
i personally think youll be ok with the stuff youve got... depending on how bad the car is..

Jngrbrdman
07-03-2007, 10:06 AM
I`ve done a few porsches this year and I haven`t found them to be incredibly difficult to cut. I did this 911 with just a medium cut and a blue polishing pad. (http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w22/OCDetails2007/Porsche%20911/) I`ve had others who own Porches tell me that the clear is very soft as well. In fact, I`ve found that Porsche clear was easier to polish and get good results than even my Subaru clear was. I don`t think you`ll have a problem, but again, that depends on the condition of the paint. If it has been washed with a gritty sponge and dried with a crusty bath towel for the last few years then you could have your work cut out for you. Bring a variety of cutting compounds and the pads needed to polish out the haze if necessary.