PDA

View Full Version : Some Zaino help needed

Dannyl3oy
07-02-2007, 11:22 AM
This is my first thread but i`ve been a lurker for awhile and have searched but didnt find the answers i was looking for. I`ve been detailing for almost 2 years justing doing my parents and friends cars. Now I`m starting to detail on the side and make money but im not impressed with the meg. products that i am using.

After surfing around i decided on going with zaino.

I plan on going with z-aio, z-2, z-5, z-8, and z-6.

Now on to the questions.

Is z-cs needed? Its rather expensive and will i notice a difference?

Can I wash a car then go straight to z-2/z-5 or do i need a base like z-aio or z-pc?

Is z-aio enough protection by its self or should i always top it off with z-2/z-5?

I would also like to get some good polish that would easily get ride of swirls. How would menzera SIP or IP work?

btw i am using a PC

Also if some one could recommend some good cutting and medium cutting pad. I ruined my old pads. I wont need a finishing pad because i plan on doing the lsp by hand. Do alot of people use a pc with zaino?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions just want to get everything straight. If you feel like saying something stupid or not contributing please just dont bother to post.

Thanks

Dan

Jon54956
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Z-CS isn`t really needed, but when you want to do the ultimate job, you should finish it with Z-CS... or if you`re feeling a bit lazy but still want great results, just use Z-AIO and then go straight to Z-CS

I always heard that you should apply a base of Z-AIO after a wash so the Z2/Z5 has a good base to go onto in order to make the 2/5 last as long as humanly possible.

I personally tried using *just* Z-AIO by itself on my gf`s car and it was not enough protection... well, it was probably enough protection to keep it from not rusting, but she claimed it was still a pain in the butt to wash and didn`t bead all that great. Now that I have some Z5, Z2, and ZCS on her car it beads like crazy and she said it`s "ridiculously easy" to wash now.

I can`t comment personally on how good Menzerna stuff is, but a lot of people here swear by it.

Applying Zaino by hand is soooooooo easy... I have a PC and thought about using it for applying Zaino and it`s not necessary by any means -- you`d waste a lot of product just to prime the pad and you`d waste a lot of time using the PC compared to by hand.

Dannyl3oy
07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Any recommendations on pads? Also what has the deepest cut of all the menzerna products?

gmblack3
07-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I have used ZAIO on its own and it still looked good for 3 months with good beading. This was on my DD.

For cars that just need a wash and seal, ZAIO by machine and CS will look great. Very easy to apply. For the longer protection you want ZAIO as a base followed by 1 coat of Z2pro or Z5pro.

imported_GregCavi
07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Now on to the questions.

Is z-cs needed? Its rather expensive and will i notice a difference?

I like it for adding a quick coat of long lasting protection. This stuff isn`t you "quick wax." From my findings, CS lasts 4-6 months. Will you see a difference. It`s all in the eye of the beholder. I can see a difference.

Can I wash a car then go straight to z-2/z-5 or do i need a base like z-aio or z-pc?

Throw down a base of Zaio or ZPC prior to Z2-5 will clean the paint, and leave a clean, well prepped surface.

Is z-aio enough protection by its self or should i always top it off with z-2/z-5?

You will be looking at 3 months durability with 1 coat of ZAIO. IF you go ZAIO topped with Z2 or Z5, you will be looking at 6+ months.

I would also like to get some good polish that would easily get ride of swirls. How would menzera SIP or IP work?

Menzerna :) Excellent, they will work.

btw i am using a PC

Also if some one could recommend some good cutting and medium cutting pad. I ruined my old pads. I wont need a finishing pad because i plan on doing the lsp by hand. Do alot of people use a pc with zaino?

I like the LC 6" flat pads. White and orange are pretty much all you will need. Maybe a finishing pad. The only zaino that touches my pads is ZPC.

Greg

NSXTASY
07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
If you feel like saying something stupid or not contributing please just dont bother to post. Greg

Whoa. Is this a response to Anti-Zaino Zealots or just a general statement? BTW, good advice.

If your polishing by PC I`d recc. 5" danase LC CCS pads, and zaino by hand.

While CS isn`t totally necessary, I love it and it`s durability/ease of use/ and great look on trim/plastic/and paint (Even some select interior pieces).

You won`t need to ZAIO each time you add coats of Z5/z2 but if its the first time laying down coats, I would use it, or as necessary to clean your paint if it`s been awhile since last app.

PROServices
07-03-2007, 04:19 PM
how does zaino compare to klasse aio?

pwaug
07-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Dan--if you go to the Zaino website and look under tips and tricks you will find Sal has done a good job of answering almost any question you can come up with. Also, he is very responsive to emails with questions.

imported_GregCavi
07-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Whoa. Is this a response to Anti-Zaino Zealots or just a general statement? BTW, good advice.

If your polishing by PC I`d recc. 5" danase LC CCS pads, and zaino by hand.

While CS isn`t totally necessary, I love it and it`s durability/ease of use/ and great look on trim/plastic/and paint (Even some select interior pieces).

You won`t need to ZAIO each time you add coats of Z5/z2 but if its the first time laying down coats, I would use it, or as necessary to clean your paint if it`s been awhile since last app.

LOL no. I made a mistake in my response to Dannyl3boy. He wrote:

Sorry for the long post and all the questions just want to get everything straight. If you feel like saying something stupid or not contributing please just dont bother to post.

I just signed my name after my responses. Sorry it looked like I was anti-questions.

Greg

Dannyl3oy
07-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Very cool. Thanks for the advice.

NSXTASY- it just seems like alot of post that involve a new kid and zaino end bad and have a bunch of people whining in them. Wanted my first thread to be clean. It worked.

Dan

NSXTASY
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Bwahaha, I completely missed that. Reading pwns me. People that whine about Zaino are just jealous. :wink