PDA

View Full Version : The heat is on! And my official "I hate summer" thread!

a.k.a. Patrick
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL RISE TO BETWEEN 96 AND 106 DEGREES

IN THE VALLEYS AND IN LOWER MOUNTAIN ELEVATIONS...AND TO BETWEEN 104

AND 112 DEGREES IN THE ANTELOPE VALLEY.

THERE SHOULD STILL BE ENOUGH OF A MARINE INFLUENCE TO KEEP SCORCHING

TEMPERATURES FROM AFFECTING MOST OF THE COASTAL PLAIN.

HOWEVER...

Guess where I will be July 3rd through July 8th ?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/bruiser.jpg

Old Pirate
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Is it a detail by the water? Just joking , have a great time and enjoy the 4 of July!:usa

RCBuddha
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Patrick,

You forgot to add the sound effect of you cracking open a beer...:D

az57chevy
07-01-2007, 10:05 PM
117 in Phx on Wednesday and no beach nearby

imported_truzoom
07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
At least you guys are dry. OK is now on its 18th day streak of rain. The entire summer so far has been humid, 70-80 degrees, and no guarantee of sunshine for more than an hour or two at most.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-01-2007, 11:30 PM
It was 90 when I left home today. I got to the beach, and it was 69!! Perfect!

BlackElantraGT
07-02-2007, 12:09 AM
You know what`s funny is how Southern Californians complain about how hot it gets because it`s in the mid to high 80`s or how cold it is when it dips into the 60`s. We`re so freaking spoiled hahaha.

When I start complaining about the heat, I just think about how much hotter it would be if I was in Fresno or Vegas. We got it easy here, even if it is "hot" for us.

Tasty
07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
At least you guys are dry. OK is now on its 18th day streak of rain. The entire summer so far has been humid, 70-80 degrees, and no guarantee of sunshine for more than an hour or two at most.

Yeah, it`s not much better here in Texas. We haven`t had a sunny day in about a month now, and there`s not one in the forecast any time soon. This blows. I washed the car yesterday, and hit it with some #26 only to drive to work in the pouring rain. I knew I would, but it HAD to be washed.

imported_truzoom
07-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it`s not much better here in Texas. We haven`t had a sunny day in about a month now, and there`s not one in the forecast any time soon. This blows. I washed the car yesterday, and hit it with some #26 only to drive to work in the pouring rain. I knew I would, but it HAD to be washed.

Same here. I`ve resorted to washing my truck not for aesthetics, but just to keep the thing clean and free of grime and puddle dirt.

Kriminal
07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Same here. I`ve resorted to washing my truck not for aesthetics, but just to keep the thing clean and free of grime and puddle dirt.

LMAO....same here bud.

We`ll swap you the floods though....it was our worst June since recordings began back in the 19th century. Roll on Summer

BobD
07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
It`s so hot that all of that dog`s hair burned off!

BA_Titan
07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I`ll trade you 28 out of 34 days of rain for your 100 degree heat anyday!

It started raining here in Tulsa near the end of May and we have had only 6 days since without rain!

Records----9th wettest June ever , most days in a row with rain, statewide wettest June on record......

It`s really been bad here.... Even my yard is a foot high, too wet to mow!!! And the mosqitoes are big enough to carry you off!

They are finally forecasting an end to it later this week! We HOPE!

Only problem here is, once it stops, the 100 plus degrees will start and it won`t rain again until October!!!!

:hairpull

dietoremain
07-03-2007, 06:14 PM
104 outside today. fun? I washed towels and was napping so a few horus later I go out to dry them and they STINK! So I just had to wash em again with some bleach and get em in the dryer quick this time?

Envious Eric
07-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Patrick, what beach are you at?? the surf is picking up in orange county! 4-5 and should hold through the weekend...WAHOOOOO

Scottwax
07-04-2007, 11:16 AM

:werd: Same here. Quit b!tching! The rain here has been absolutely relentless, more than 20" since May 1st. It is killing my business, down more than 50% vs last year since the end of April. :wall

Send me your 100+ temperatures and sunny skies. You can have all this non-stop rain. I want to get back to work!