PDA

View Full Version : First time with PC, how to improve?

moosey
07-01-2007, 05:05 PM
I got my PC and the Pinnacle XMT line #s 1-3. I also got the Edge blue and green pads. I used the green pad with XMT #3 and finished with the blue pad and XMT #1. I also worked the polish in for about 5min or so in a 2x2 area.

Anyway, I was trying to get the swirls out of a black Chrysler and it got a decent amount out but there are more I`d clearly like to remove. Obviously I won`t be able to remove anything I can catch my fingernail in, but there are a more swirls left than I would have liked that seem like they should be able to come out.

My questions are, when I go and do this the next time, should I step-up the aggressiveness of the pad, polish or both...if at all, I was maybe thinking pad? If so, what should I try?

Or, do you feel my combo should have been aggressive enough...Basically, did I just possibly not remove some defects because it was my first time with the PC?

Sorry I don`t have any pics as I`m without a digital camera at the moment.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks

BlackCoupe
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I am assuming that you just did one pass with the green pad and XMT3. If so, try multiple passes. If that doesn`t get what you want, step up the pad aggressiveness (I think yellow is next, with Edge), staying with the XMT3. If that doesn;t work, you can step up the polish next.

moosey
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Ok thanks. Yeah I did it with #3 and green one time (~5min). I`ll do it at least twice with that combo next time then. Thanks.

BigAl3
07-01-2007, 06:01 PM
technique makes all the difference as well, do very slow overlapping passes (with a good amount of pressure) in multiple directions (up down side to side horizontal) and make sure you break down the polish...

BlackCoupe
07-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok thanks. Yeah I did it with #3 and green one time (~5min). I`ll do it at least twice with that combo next time then. Thanks.

Yeah--the idea is to remove as little clear coat as possible, so you don`t really want something that rips it down in one pass--it takes a little longer, but its safer.