PDA

View Full Version : Edge pads scratching?

ndtechie05
06-30-2007, 08:12 PM
This is prolly something I`m doing wrong but I know this never occured before when I use LC pads. So ok here`s what I did. Just picked up some 6" Edge for my PC. I started with OC on the orange. I buffed it off and it looked worse. So then I tried using CG DC 1500 with the yellow, and not any better. So I got fed up and tried CG Pro-Polish on the white and no difference at all. Could the pad have scratched it or the OC? I only did part of my hood. I`m planning on attempting to use the LC pads tomorrow and see if it works any better. It`s an RX-8 and I don`t know how hard the clear is but it certainly doesn`t want to take those scratches out, I`m close to finding a fellow Autopian to use a rotary on it to remove everything.

-Brett

DSVWGLI
06-30-2007, 10:34 PM
My experience with pads is that they do not scratch paint. If they are dry they might slightly haze the paint, but you should not be using a pad unless it is properly loaded with polish. Please explain what you mean by scratches.

imported_DetailDan
07-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Sounds like you might not be working the polish in long enough. Its probably marring, not scratches. If it is indeed marring, then you want to remove that with a less aggressive combo. Stepping up to the yellow pad would be the wrong move then.

BlackCoupe
07-01-2007, 08:22 AM
This is prolly something I`m doing wrong but I know this never occured before when I use LC pads. So ok here`s what I did. Just picked up some 6" Edge for my PC. I started with OC on the orange. I buffed it off and it looked worse. So then I tried using CG DC 1500 with the yellow, and not any better. So I got fed up and tried CG Pro-Polish on the white and no difference at all. Could the pad have scratched it or the OC? I only did part of my hood. I`m planning on attempting to use the LC pads tomorrow and see if it works any better. It`s an RX-8 and I don`t know how hard the clear is but it certainly doesn`t want to take those scratches out, I`m close to finding a fellow Autopian to use a rotary on it to remove everything.

-Brett

Or there may have been something caught between the pad and the surface.