PDA

View Full Version : Dealership washed my car yesterday...

Pages : [1] 2 3

NickelPlated.45
06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
....and i cried myself to sleep last night.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/NickelPlated408/Picture093.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/NickelPlated408/Picture094.jpg

Didn`t notice until i got home that they had washed my car. I`m not sure why they did that, they should know better by now. Eh did i mention i just got done polishing it out last weekend?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/NickelPlated408/Picture088.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/NickelPlated408/Picture089.jpg

Don`t have time to get to it this weekend. Need to re-up on some supplies anyways. The worst part is i spent A LOT of time polishing my car out this time. POOP. Oh yeah it takes me about 1.5 hours to properly wash my car, and i`m pretty sure it took some dumb *** 10 minutes to eff everything all up. This is the first time someone else has washed my car since i`ve owned it and i feel like my car has been completely violated.

jdthompson
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
There must be something about BMW dealers, not sure why but almost every single "Look what they did to my car" thread I can remember seems to involve a BMW dealer.

Dan
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
There must be something about BMW dealers, not sure why but almost every single "Look what they did to my car" thread I can remember seems to involve a BMW dealer.

Yep, they have to specify that the dealers use brushes or something. I`ve seen lots of cars washed by dealers, but its the BMW`s that always come back looking worse than cars that have gone through 5 charity car washes.:hairpull

awahl63
06-30-2007, 12:22 PM
What a shame...did you have a sign that said please don`t wash?

I love your Ultraleggeras...you wouldn`t happen to know where I could get some of the carbon fiber center caps to put on my Superleggeras?

amtrak23
06-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Go give the service manager an earful. Just show him the pics on her after your detail, and then walk him out to your car.

I made laminated neon 8.5x11 signs that say don`t wash.

Accumulator
06-30-2007, 12:40 PM
NickelPlated.45- Yikes, sorry to see/hear about that. Yeah, you really oughta bring it to the dealer`s attention (as in, "wanna lose a lot of business?).

If you don`t mind my asking, which dealership was it?

Mark77
06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
That is just terrible. A friend complimented his Lexus dealer because "they always wash my car when I bring it in" I have seen his Lexus and it looks just like that, but I won`t say anything. It`s his car and he is happy:ignore

kchau
06-30-2007, 12:58 PM
my vw dealer washed my car once and my heart dropped after i walked out to my car.

luckily they did a good job.

MattB
06-30-2007, 02:27 PM
My Infiniti dealer actually does a good job washing my car, I`ve never found any new scratches or anything after they`ve washed it.

fdizzle
06-30-2007, 02:59 PM
i, as many of us do, sympathize with you . . . hopefully they are light marks and will buff out with ease. . . . .

Brian_Brice
06-30-2007, 03:01 PM
that seems like they were very rough with it, an aweful lot of marring for one wash. if you have halogen pics before i would definitely go in there log on and complain.

optimusp517
06-30-2007, 03:34 PM
That`s why I always put a few notes in the car when I used to have an e46. Whenever it`s serviced, NO CAR WASH!

NickelPlated.45
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah i`m over it now. I`ll polish it again middle of this week or next weekend. And monday i`m going to a sign shop to get something made!

My service adviser is also the service manager. He`ll definitely hear about it (need to go back to get a piece of trim for my front license plate delete, screw the state of CA).

awahl63 - you can probably get the cf center caps from tirerack. Got any pics of those superleggeras?

Thanks for the replies. You guys are like a support group!!

jmillican
07-01-2007, 05:28 PM
The same sort of thing happened to me. I needed new front bearings and a new mirror switch. So, when I brought it in, I made them note "No Wash" on several locations. However, they didn`t have a mirror switch in stock, so I had to return for a "20 minute" job which could be done as I waited. I brought the car in and it was perfectly clean. I came in at 7:30 when the mechanics start their day and turned it over to the Service Manager who offered me some coffee. After 20 minutes, the car showed up all wet--they had washed it! This isn`t the first time I brought the car into this dealership and on each occasion I told them not to wash it, but this time I forgot as I thought it was such a small job, they would get it done and I could get to work.

optimusp517
07-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Best bet is to illaminated a few 8x11 signs that says no car wash and keep it in the car at all times and when not in use just shove it in the glove box :D