PDA

View Full Version : To bag or not to bag??

kleraudio
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Do you guys store your *dry* foam pads in a bag or without a bag.

Ive been storing them inside a ziploc bag and then inside a plastic container with all my other pads. It is becoming a hassle with all these bags as I accumulate more pads. Just wondering what everyone else here does?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

David Fermani
06-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I keep all my pads on a pole mounted horizontally. I attached a pic of my red headed step child pads. I think a plastic bag is not necessary unless they are exposed to dirt/debris.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/dfermani/LCBuffingPad.jpg

BigAl3
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
i put my dry and clean pads in one of these, don`t really need the plastic ziploc bags...

http://rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/images/product/4604_sm.jpg

kleraudio
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
David, that pic is awesome! hehe, thank you for that one, I guess no more bags for me, they are already in plastic containers, should be enough protection I would think. Especially after seeing that picture.

How about your own children (not the red headed step children), how are they stored?

Jim

kleraudio
06-29-2007, 11:13 PM
AL thats a nice tub, whered you get that one from?

Jim

BigAl3
06-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Jim

you can get them from wal-mart, target, etc. also, i noticed big lots has a bunch of those as well. what i did is trace a pad on a piece of paper and cut it out, and then take it with me to make sure that it would fit height wise, lol.... :)

kleraudio
06-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Another good call! Thanks Al! I will do that sometime this weekend, me and my cutouts. Hehe.

Jim

stiffdogg06
06-29-2007, 11:28 PM
If you air dry them, I just wash them by hand. Get all the water out by hand, and then layer them pad side down on paper towels to soak out the access water.

The only thing I bag is my paste waxes, clay bars, and my tire gel applicators.

Works great for me...:clap:

kvfalcon
06-30-2007, 03:00 PM

Jim

The Home Depot had 18 gallon tubs for $4 or $5. I bought 3 of them. They are huge!

Check out Dollar General and Big Lots. I just got some smaller bins for dirty MF`s, etc.

J.J.
06-30-2007, 04:03 PM
i put my dry and clean pads in one of these, don`t really need the plastic ziploc bags...

http://rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/images/product/4604_sm.jpg

I use the same. It`s great!

rkf76
06-30-2007, 11:47 PM
I put mine in a licorice tub

SVR
07-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Mine have been stored in tubs for years now but as my new shop must look professional with no tubs sitting around. I have decided to store them up on the wall in my polishing bay on a rail like david`s

I will have one for the baby buff pads (as I call em) and one for each size and coloured pads

The yellow 8.5 LC`s will be on the far left side of the bay, at about six foot up with the orange,white, black and blue 8.5`s closely alongside with the CCS and Eurotech pads separate.

Below them will be the 7.5 inch LC`s from yellow to blue with the 7.0, 6.5, 6.0 and 5.5 below them. At the very bottom will be the baby buffs and the wool pads.

So whatever size, type and colour pad I need will be right at my fingertips.

I have about seven of each size and colour

Any new ones I get will be kept in their original bags. I just cut the top inch off so that I can get the pad out but also put it back in the bag when washed and dried.

optimusp517
07-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Here`s a pic of my setup. My m/f towels and pads goes in there. I do have another tub for more mf towels.

SVR
07-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Gotta love them baby buff pads