PDA

View Full Version : Spot Free Rinse at the coin-op?

BlueLibby04
06-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know what this stuff is? Ive tried it out a few times now and it seems to work really good. I never use the soap since its harsh as everyone knows, so I just use the rinse and then use the spot free rinse..

Ive not noticed it hurting the LSP any so I guess its ok to use.. I was just wondering if they put some kinda of chemical in it that keeps it from spotting or if its just filtered..

Thanks a bunch.. :2thumbs:

brwill2005
06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
It is just softened water.

BlueLibby04
06-28-2007, 06:39 PM
If its just softened water then it shouldnt hurt a thing... correct?

David Fermani
06-28-2007, 07:36 PM
If its just softened water then it shouldnt hurt a thing... correct?

Yes. Safe as can be.

JRock10
06-29-2007, 12:24 AM
some of the washes tout them as reverse osmosis filtered.

Rayc777
06-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Reverse osmosis water is made to soften the water. It is filled with sodium molecules which will cause spotting. True spot free water is RO water that has passed through a membrane to take the sodium molecules out. Once the sodium molecules are gone the water is spot free.

Derrick

David Fermani
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
When using coin-op car washes, I finish/leave on either the sealant or the glaze wax and dry the vehicle with it on. Helps add shine and protection a little.

Scottwax
06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Works just fine. Every once in a while, I`ll wash mine at a coin-op late at night. I use my own wash mitt and soap and use the spot free for the final rinse.

BlueLibby04
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Yup, I also take a bucket sometimes and just use their rinse water and dry it by hand.

Sometimes I just do not have the time so I just rinse it off which is what I usually do in the winter to get the salt off(both on the paint and underbody), then use the spot free rinse.

joyriiide1113
06-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I recently purchased a CRSpotless unit... I have literally been washing every other day. I simply wash and rinse (takes about 10 minutes) and I wake up the next morning to a spotfree car with little to no dust on it (no static build up)...

SVR
06-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Never going to a coin op again.

The spot free rinse causes beading and makes drying longer and more towels required

Plus their soap is too harsh and the wheels don`t get cleaned well enough.

David Fermani
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Never going to a coin op again.

The spot free rinse causes beading and makes drying longer and more towels required

Plus their soap is too harsh and the wheels don`t get cleaned well enough.

Why not just stay away from the spot free rinse then? I agree with the soap being too strong, but why would you think just high pressure soap alone would clean your wheels? You always have to do them by hand.

SVR
07-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Well it starts off warm and gets to almost boiling by the time your three and a half minutes are up and I hoped that the heat and soap would do it. After all my wheels don`t get as dirty as average joe`s do.

The last wash my garage queen endured was the soap and rinse but there must of been grit in the soap and water as it left scratching on the car which I fixed with 106FF and Ultra Gloss by LC gray pad

Now I have the facilities, hand washing only for him.