PDA

View Full Version : Possible Lambo detail!!!

Polished60
06-03-2005, 07:52 AM
So I ran into an old roommate the other day that turns out to be moving in right next door to me. He went on to tell me how he was going to be sharing the place with another old friend of mine. Blah Blah Blah, oh and he just bought a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo (SP?) Yeah........... Its a little sickening but not all that suprising if you knew him. So I`m thinking this could be an excellent marketing opportunity for me as I could get pics and some street cred w/ this type of car detailing (website is coming soon). Thing is, I`ve never even touched a car like this! I`m pretty sure his family`s got a detail guy they`ve used for years but how would you all recommend me working my way into the picture. Are there any particular things i should know about detailing a lambo? I may even be scared too! I`m getting pretty good with my pc and have another month til they move in. Maybe just an interior detail??? Anyway, I thought this was kind of exciting and that I would share it w/ you all. (Try to post pics next month!) How would you guys approach this?

GregCavi
06-03-2005, 11:57 AM
HOw would i approach this? Scared Poopless. LOL. I woudl be extrememly careful. As we all shoudl be anyway when were doing clients cars. having never done or seen a lambo in real life i cannot give any further advice.

Greg

tubafeak
06-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Try not to drool all over it. Other than that I would just take it easy, it`s a fairly new car and it sounds like it`s been well kept. Make sure everything that touches the paint is spotlessly clean and you shouldn`t have any problems.

Reflctn Perfctn
06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
what color is the lambo????? If it is a light color i would prolly go with PwC with a like polish pad and use microfiber towel to gently remove it and follow up with nattys by hand.

Thomas Dekany
06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Good luck!

Just pretend that you are working on a Corolla.

Polished60
06-04-2005, 12:25 AM
A 190,000 dollar carolla!!!!!! I really can`t wait to see it in person. He actually didn`t tell me what color it is, I was trying not to seem THAT excited. Does doing a few really high end cars make others with similar cars feel like their car is in good hands? I live in an area where $50k to $100k cars really are pretty normal so building a higher end clientel may not be super tough. When you guys/gals put pics of customers cars on your websites/portfolios, do you usually ask the customer if they are alright w/ it first? If so, is there a good way to go about asking? In this case would it be worth offering some freebies? He is an old friend of sorts anyway.
I promise to post pics when they move in next month. Andrew

J.J.
06-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Detail it like you would anything else. I doubt the clear is butter- soft. Just "do yo` thang`" and enjoy the credit in the end. Let`s face it, if you can damage a car with a PC, you need to find a different hobby of profession.

JJ

Porkanbeans
06-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Don`t sweat it. I did my first high end detail today on a 2005 BMW 645i. On top of that, it`s black. I was nervous, scared, and I almost dreaded it. When I got there and started to, as J.J. stated, "do my thing," it was fine. Just like any other detail I`ve done in the past. The car turned out great, the customer was happy, and I no longer have fear in taking on details with high end cars. I`ll probably get some referrals out of it too. Keep your cool and approach it like you would any other car. I`m sure it helps that you know this guy and he`s your age, too.

IMO, this kind of opportunity can really get you going with your business. People will figure, "Hey, if he can make a new Lambo look perfect, he can sure as heck work wonders on mine." It`s also great that you will be able to work on your first exotic. Details like that are extremely rewarding.