PDA

View Full Version : Bird Stuff problem

05SilverTRD
06-02-2005, 10:19 PM
I have a spot on my hood after a bird got it. It was only on there for a day and it really did some damage. What can I do to get it off. I have tried a few things, nothing too abrasive. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think that I am going to have to color sand?

GregCavi
06-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Well colorsand? It might come down to that but i woudlnt even think of doing that first. I would start off with a polish and see were that gets ya. If that doent work get something more abrasive or move up to a different pad. IF all else fails then you might have to colorsand.

Greg

JaredPointer
06-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Does this happen to be on your new Tacoma? I am finding the `05`s to have a little softer paint than the previous gen Tacomas. I would probably start out with a chemical cleaner first and see where that got me. Maybe it hasn`t been on long enough to etch the paint. If that didn`t help, I would definitely try a SSR routine. I would resort to sanding at the very last and if the spot is something you just couldn`t live with.

05SilverTRD
06-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Actually this is on the hood of my Volvo. It is in the spot where I always look at the car to see the shine.

I don`t have a PC, I have always done it by hand. Do you think that SSR 2 and SSR1 would suffice?I think I am going to pick those up, and try themby hand.I know a buddy that has a PC, might be able to talk him into letting me borrow it. Also, noww that the stuff is off, do you think it is still causing dmage or it has stopped and won`t get any worse?