PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Elastrofoam, who has it?!

Pages : [1] 2

optimusp517
06-27-2007, 12:35 AM
What`s your opinion! I`m about to place an order for this line of products and want to know is it worth the shot????

ZoranC
06-27-2007, 12:49 AM
I should be able to tell you after the weekend.

Milestones
07-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Up to the top on this.

I`m considering getting it and want to know other folks experience with it.

I`m mainly interested in how aggressive it is (likely to scratch, cause marring) because I would not be following it up with a machine polish.

jeepsey
07-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I wrote a long reply on this yesterday but somehow it wasn`t posted?? Anyway, in a nutshell if you are not going to use a PC afterwards, i would DEFINITELY not use the product. I used it on a black car and left marring which I was able to buff out. Elastrofoam works quickly, cleans off nicely and surface is very smooth afterwards but causes marring.

Going to try again but exert less pressure. If still causes marring, back to clay for me.

SpoiledMan
07-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Put me up for first dibs if you ditch it jeepsey. I haven`t used anything better for neglected paint.

GlossyTundra
07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I have the same thing as the elastofoam from a place called Majestic Solutions for $20. It works soooooo much better than clay, and is much faster with no marring. It does not matter how hard you press, I could not get it to marr.

Woob
07-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Friggun annoyed, I just bought 3 Packs of Riccardo (Erazer Clay) from Canada. All reports I`ve heard are that the foam block outperforms, can be used heavily, easier to handle, and is cheaper.

kapinnn
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Wanna sell me the Ricardo Clay? :D

jeepsey
07-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Like any other new product, you got to try it for yourself to determine whether it works for you. Some have used the Elastrofoam with no marring. Others including myself have found that it does induce marring <see an earlier post-Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System ( 1 2) rkf76>. Maybe I used too much pressure and also, marring on black is very apparent.

Lots of advantages over clay--faster, cleaner, more effective and supposedly doesn`t strip the LSP. The only drawback being the possibility of marring. If using less pressure prevents the marring, the product is a winner and can be used for even touch up work. If not, I`ll use Elastrofoam whenever I plan to pull out my PC.

ZoranC
07-07-2007, 01:43 AM
I just bought 3 Packs of Riccardo (Erazer Clay) from Canada.

I will take your clay off you.

Alfisti
07-07-2007, 06:04 AM
This thread may be relevant: Meguiar`s Online - Hi-Tech Body Sponge - Clay Replacement? (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/10510.aspx)

ZoranC
07-07-2007, 02:22 PM
This thread may be relevant: Meguiar`s Online - Hi-Tech Body Sponge - Clay Replacement? (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/10510.aspx)

Thank you for the pointer!

BlackElantraGT
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the link, Alfisti. Sounds like a product I`ll have to try out. At $22 per sponge, the price was a bit too steep but now that it`s $11, that`s a lot more reasonable.

That kind of sucks though that Superior Shine made a comment about overpaying if you paid more than $10 for it, but then wouldn`t share any more info about it. He shouldn`t tease us like that!

imported_autocare
07-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the link, Alfisti. Sounds like a product I`ll have to try out. At $22 per sponge, the price was a bit too steep but now that it`s $11, that`s a lot more reasonable.

That kind of sucks though that Superior Shine made a comment about overpaying if you paid more than $10 for it, but then wouldn`t share any more info about it. He shouldn`t tease us like that!

Joe(Superior Shine)was pulling your leg, is more than obvious from that thread who is selling it for the amount joe stated.

Msoph12
07-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Interesting...where can I find this for under $10 :)