PDA

View Full Version : Wash, Wax, Aluminum Polishing ?`s

proplaya
06-02-2005, 07:54 PM
My friend`s dad wants me to wash and wax his Blue 2004 F350 and 2004 F450..
On the F450 he has had the Aluminum Flatbed conversion and also has 2 large aluminum tool/truck boxes where the bedsides would be plus custom aluminum wheels..With the wash and wax he wants all this Aluminum polished..So I have a few questions about this upcoming job...
-Is there any special pad for the PC i can use for polishing the aluminum? any OTC suggestions for the polish? (he uses heavy metal, so thats what im leaning towards)
-If you guys do wash & Wax`s which wax do you generally use and how much do you charge?
I`m thinking 200 total to do both trucks,$75 for pick up, and $125 for F450 w/aluminum does this sound fair?

and on a side note, can the bissel little green machine be used for vacuuming as well as steam cleaning (im considering buying either a shop vac or LGM)?

Thanks for any help..

rollman
06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
My friend`s dad wants me to wash and wax his Blue 2004 F350 and 2004 F450..
On the F450 he has had the Aluminum Flatbed conversion and also has 2 large aluminum tool/truck boxes where the bedsides would be plus custom aluminum wheels..With the wash and wax he wants all this Aluminum polished..So I have a few questions about this upcoming job...
-Is there any special pad for the PC i can use for polishing the aluminum? any OTC suggestions for the polish? (he uses heavy metal, so thats what im leaning towards)
-If you guys do wash & Wax`s which wax do you generally use and how much do you charge?
I`m thinking 200 total to do both trucks,$75 for pick up, and $125 for F450 w/aluminum does this sound fair?

and on a side note, can the bissel little green machine be used for vacuuming as well as steam cleaning (im considering buying either a shop vac or LGM)?

Thanks for any help..

Mothers is probably your better off the shelf product but if you have time to order some product for the aluminum I would use English Custom Polish its by far the finest polish for chrome and aluminum. Don`t use wax it gives you a milky look when you compare it to ECP.

http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/usca/index.html

Price wise I can`t answer that question for you I don`t know what you need to make per hour, what I will tell you is what I would charge for the job . Single cab pickup exterior detail $125 and thats not polishing aluminum. A crew cab pickup exterior only $150 , and again no polishing aluminum. I base my details on $45-50 per hour. I can tell you polishing aluminum is messy and time consuming so price the job according . Wear some gloves it will save you cleanup . Good luck and take some Before and After pics