PDA

View Full Version : The best

Pages : [1] 2

RON NEFF
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I have been lurking around here, off and on, for a while. I have been detailing my own cars, and some for profit, for more than 40 years. I have yet to find a product (wax, synthetic, glaze, whatever) that last for more than a few heavy rains and/or washings.

As I am getting older and have seven cars, only three of which are garaged, I need a product that will last a long time. I am not really worried about having the "ultimate" shine, just a product that works, lasts, and produces no swirls. What do the pros on this board recommed?

Thanks,

R

99blackSE
06-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh man, huge can of worms this one is.

I really don`t know too many of them, Collonite 476 is a good one for wax. For sealants, JW Acryllic Jett, Zaino, Klasse, uh.. there is more but I can`t remember. :help:

kleraudio
06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Yea, you opened a HUGE can of worms here!

Your looking for a durable product that shines as well as protects for a LONG time. I would seriously consider Zaino. His products are a bit expensive but they look great and they last forever.

I would get Z2Pro, it looks really nice on most cars.

You could also go with Optimum Opti Seal, that should last you a good 3-6 months (depending on.........) and it looks stunning as well.

Jim

awahl63
06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
I like Klasse AIO + SG

Bigpoppa3346
06-25-2007, 06:44 PM
You will get a ton of answers. I like Collinite for its nice looks, easy application/removal, and durability.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Spray waxes can provide you with good protection, with every wash. Your going to dry it anyway, why not spray a little protection before you dry it?

A few I could mention off the top of my head would be Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection Spray, which provides better protection then most Nubas I have used. Optimum Car Wax Spray, Duragloss AquaWax. If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Four Star. I know others will bring there advice as well......

itb76
06-25-2007, 09:47 PM
You will get a ton of answers. I like Collinite for its nice looks, easy application/removal, and durability.

I`ll second that, though I haven`t had it long enough to prove the durability myself. It is said to be the most durable of carnubas, and the beading is fantastic! I have the 845 IW. It`s easy on the black trim too.

Fallz
06-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Try some of the Duragloss line , its been excellent and very reasonable pricing.

Another one of my favorite lines is Finish Care Finish Kare, Automotive, Marine, Aerospace, Mold Release Agents, Paint Contamination (http://www.fk1usa.com). Very good products and the paste waxes 1000p and Pink Wax have great durability.

Clearkote products are nice , but they don`t seem to work well for me and don`t get the look that I like , but others say its very durable.

SuperBee364
06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Check out Scottwax`s awesome thread here...http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html

If your paint is corrected, you can use Scott`s method to wax your car in not much (if any) more time than it takes to just wash it. Durability in an LSP isn`t really needed using his method, and since it`s ONR based, you can do it year `round.

namegoeshere
06-26-2007, 01:02 AM
I`m very happy with the Chemical Guys` M-Seal so far. Did my friends car which is parked outside and is his daily driver and that stuff is still working strong after almost a month. But from what I`ve been reading here, Jet Seal is supposed to be even better. But that`s some expen$ive stuff.

Accumulator
06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
.. I have yet to find a product (wax, synthetic, glaze, whatever) that last for more than a few heavy rains and/or washings.

As I am getting older and have seven cars, only three of which are garaged, I need a product that will last a long time...

I`m in kinda the same boat except that all of mine are garaged (and I`m gonna sell off a few..really! I mean it!).

I get stellar durability out of Klasse SG (when layered, 4-6 layers) and Collinite 476S. But the Klasse only looks good on finishes that I get/keep basically *perfect* as it allows every little flaw to show. So my hands-down recommendation would be Collinite 476S.

I put a few coats of 476S on the Blazer last year, last one in Sept. It didn`t *really* need rewaxed when I put on another coat in late May. But again, it`s garaged. I didn`t get quite as good durability when I used it on an outside 24/7 car, but it would still last all winter. Actually, the outside car did great with the 476S, come to think about it (this was a few years ago).

The KSGx6 lasts a lot longer, but that "perfect finish" is a pretty tall order.

RON NEFF
06-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the replies.

You know, I have used some of the ones mentioned, including Klasse AIO on my new Lincoln LS, and found that it doesn`t last very long at all.

A few years ago I found a Turtle Wax paste made in the UK at a general discount store for $1.99 each, and bought a few. It is in a bright green (Kawasaki?) plastic container, and came with an applicator. I have used it exclusively on my daily driver "01 Jimmy about twice a year and it still looks great. I have also used it on a few customer/neighbor cars with a Porter-Cable, and they raved about the shine! Kind of makes me call BS on the wwhole damn thing.

Macko
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
If Turtle Wax works for you stick with it, no doubt someone, somewhere will stock it (you can`t move for the bloody stuff in the UK).

I would try Collonite 476s though, it`s cheap, looks good & lasts as long as anything. Ultimately you stand to lose a few bucks if you don`t like it but it could just be a revelation for you.

Accumulator
06-26-2007, 06:11 PM
You know, I have used some of the ones mentioned, including Klasse AIO on my new Lincoln LS, and found that it doesn`t last very long at all..

Yeah, AIO by itself is good for a few weeks at best in my experience. Other than when experimenting, I`d *never* use it by itself.

rwisejr
06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Just to chime in here I myself have not used them but I have heard great things about the duragloss brand of products .Cheap and you can pick them up from a carquest or Napa autoparts store