PDA

View Full Version : Should I layer NB?

Pages : [1] 2

expectingrain
06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Should I put 2 layers of Natty`s Blue on, or is one OK? And if 2 is better, how long should I wait between applications? My problem is I have to park outside, so if I have to wait a day between layers, I`m afraid of dirt getting on the car and scratching it during application. Any thoughts?

JasonD
06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Almost all carnauba waxes degrade at a fairly quick rate, so instead of trying to "layer" it, I would look at it more like rejuvenating it on a regular basis, like once every other week to once a month.

keesue
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
This is excellent advice. It took me a good while to figure that one out. I know refresh my carnuba weekly with a spray wax. It is good to have these experiences validated by the pros.

Scottwax
06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Carnaubas seem to work best if you apply one layer then another one after the next wash.

expectingrain
06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
So if I did a coat of NB every other week after an ONR wash, would it help on the off week to use AW? Would that help prolong the protection of the NB?

JasonD
06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Sure. Anything that would help the wax from breaking down so fast would definitely help.

blucpe
06-29-2007, 08:00 AM
i use porboys s&g between waxes. it refreshes the shine and makes the wax last a little longer. just my 2 cents.

ManiZ
06-29-2007, 11:14 AM
NB needs only 2 hours to cure. Layer away!

I love the layered look; of NB by itself of with other `naubas. It looks especially stunning layered over CMW.

Big Leegr
06-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Unless you have a very harsh environment (or harsh shampoo! :eek: ) I wouldn`t expect a wax to degrade enough in 2 weeks to need much boosting. Even using a QD with some gloss boosters to get rid of water spots after the washes should be enough to keep it looking good, IMHO.

(But the AquaWax would boost it between applications, if you were so inclined to go that route. ;) )

expectingrain
06-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. Does NB hide swirls or should I use a cleaner wax first? I`m using NB for the first time tomorrow, ONR then maybe cleaner wax, then NB. As per the label, I should dampen the applicator, right? Does it come off pretty easy or should I get ready for some elbow grease?

ps Wife`s comment when I showed her my new NB jar-- "Do you really want your car to smell like bubblegum?"

:confused:

paul34
06-29-2007, 08:16 PM
what kind of applicator are you using? No damping should be necessary. BTW, a foam app is a must if doing by hand! It really makes it much easier applying a thin layer of a `nuba.

NB looks great, but you need to give a little "time," at least that`s what I`ve noticed. It`s rather disappointing when you first put it on... but give it a few hours and bam! Pretty nice.

Also, I don`t think NB has too many slickness agents, so don`t be alarmed if its not super slick - or if it is, the slickness wears off pretty quickly (in my experience anyway). It`s not a big deal anyway, since I honestly have never used anything whose slickness actually lasted past a week or so... but just to let you know!

expectingrain
06-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Paul, I`m planning on using a Vroom Microfiber applicator.

Scottwax
06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Paul, I`m planning on using a Vroom Microfiber applicator.

Go buy a foam Meguiars (or whatever brand they have) hand applicator. You will thank me for this.

imported_thunder
06-29-2007, 11:21 PM
I have heard that Nuba`s will mute the look if applied to quickley. I have allways waited 3 to 5 day`s:nixweiss

ManiZ
06-30-2007, 01:11 AM
+1 on foam applicator. MF applicators are an utter waste of money IMO; I have 2 sitting in my garage from a 3 pack that I only used 1 out of...once.

As for ease of application, trust me, it does NOT get any easier than NB. It goes on like butter (that will only make sense when you try it) and comes off with incredible ease. You can do sections or if paint is well-prepped, do the whole car before beginning removal. It is a pure joy to use.

And the other poster above is exactly right, NB definitely NEEDS curing time to look its best. I always apply it at night and by morning, the car looks like a pool of shimmering liquid.