PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour foam not foaming (w/ pics)

Pages : [1] 2

Evenflow
06-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Bought this foam gun from Danase about a month or so ago I believe. Anyway ive been using the foam gun w/ NXT to wash my chrome wheels.

The past two times I have tried to use it nothing but water has been coming out. I clean it thoroughly after each use cause I know stories about them being clogged, so I doubt it is clogged. Does Danase have a warranty for these things I have only used it three or four times..and now its either clogged/broken. I absolutely love it, but for $60 to have it not work on the fifth use is a bit irritating. And I have wasted a lot of soap trouble shooting what could be wrong with it lol.

NXT/WATER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/gm006.jpg

NO FOAM!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/gm008.jpg

BobD
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
You`re missing a screw in the top of the brass part it sort of looks like. Can you take a picture of the top better?

joyriiide1113
06-25-2007, 12:39 PM
you`re missing the screw on top. Try covering the whole with your finger while spraying. You`ll notice how it quickly starts throwing foam.

coupe
06-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Your missing the top screw

BobD
06-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I think you might be missing the top screw. LOL

coupe
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah you kinda need that lol

Accumulator
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Elaboration: the top screw has a small bleed hole in it; not having the screw in place makes for a "super-size" bleed hole that messes with the way it sucks the solution out of the bottle (the opposite problem from having the bleed hole clogged, but the same ultimate affect).

evenflow- You`re missing the screw-in retaining piece on the sliding mixing bar too. You don`t *need* that, but without it the bar could come out and get lost.

I locktite (blue version) those pieces in place, and replace the locktite on the bleed hole piece whenever I have it out for cleaning. Before I locktited `em, they`d work loose and I was lucky to find them on the floor of the shop (could`ve easily gone down the floor drain).

Evenflow
06-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Wowww I would of never known that lol. Ifound a screw on the ground once in my garage, didn`t have a clue what it went to and I think I lost it since then.

What kind of screw will fit in there lol.

BobD
06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
You should be able to call Gilmour and order a new screw for it actually. I should stock them since they are a popular item to get lost.

coupe
06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Thats why i keep an eye on that screw before/during/after use.

BigAl3
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
what they said ^^^ (you`re missing the metering & locking screws). i always check and tighten the screws after each use, as well as the monel strainer that attaches to the botttom of the siphon tube...

Evenflow
06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Is there any screw I can use in place of it or no?

BigAl3
06-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Is there any screw I can use in place of it or no?

try going to your local hardware store (bring the top half of the foam gun with you) and see if they have any small screws that will fit and tighten in both those places...

Setec Astronomy
06-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Son of a gun! (pardon the pun) I never realized that top screw has a hole in it...it`s soooo small I thought it was a cutoff nib from when they made the part.

This might be another advantage of the Foamaster II, no screws to back out/lose.

ZoranC
06-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Could it be that you are missing a top screw? :D

(Reminder to myself: Secure top screw on my foam gun moment it arrives)