PDA

View Full Version : Product suggestions needed

s8nv2
06-25-2007, 01:55 AM
I`m a lucky owner of a 14 year old car w/ Rio [Bright] Red Paint. The paint is in less than perfect condition. My usual detailing routine consists of... NXT Car Wash, Color-X, topped by Megs #26 wax. This all done by hand and the end results consist of... the good paint looks awesome... and the rest looks "ok". Last time around I used some Perfect Shine Detailing clay and I`m surprised about what it pulled up from the paint. I have to say it made the Color-X and subsequent #26 apply a lot easier. My rear bumper had a nasty sandpaper type feel to it before and now it`s smooth as a babies bottom.

There`s plenty of shine, but up close you can see imperfections. I don`t expect a show quality finish, as there`s only so much good paint to work with. What I`m looking for is a uniform "shine" and to make those bad sections at least look better.

My thoughts so far...

1.) Ultimate detailing machine w/ appropriate pads

2.) Sonus SFX 1-3 Polish

3.) Megs #21 Sealant

Then followed up by either #26 [as I`ve already purchased it] or possibly P21. Again I`m not expecting miracles as there`s only so much good paint to work with. Nor am I really interested in spending $23048 dollars. Aside from the cost of the detailing machine I would love to spend no more than $100 bucks on products. So if there`s any suggestions I would love to hear them.

99blackSE
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I haven`t had any experience personally with those products but it looks like you should be able to restore the finish with your list. Give em hell and post some pics after.

mikelea4ever
06-25-2007, 01:37 PM
yah good luck dude....