PDA

View Full Version : in between customers

tooklean
06-02-2005, 09:08 AM
What is the longest period of time you have gone without having any customers ? Its been about 1 1/2 months for me so far. Talk about depressing.

Beemerboy
06-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Winter is the longest for me I shut down in Oct to Nov, then back up in April to May.
During the on periods I can stay busy every weekend, this alone creates a problem for me as the wife hates that.

During the time while I was in startup mode, I could go a few weeks without.

Are you in startup mode?

tooklean
06-02-2005, 09:45 AM
yes I am.

Beemerboy
06-02-2005, 09:52 AM
TOOKLEAN

You might want to try and find some friends that you can clean their cars, to get some exposure. Hit your neighborhood with a discount on service to see if that helps. You want to get to people that know you somewhat so that they have a level of trust, this helped me to build my current network of customers.

tooklean
06-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks Dave

PhaRO
06-02-2005, 05:23 PM
When it rains or snows. I take most weekends off now. Many years ago, I worked 7 days a week and only took off when it rained, snowed or I didn`t have any work. I remember times where I`d work 20 days straight or more, begging for rain. A few times I`ve been off for a week. Once for snow, once for rain, once for hurricane.

Thomas Dekany
06-02-2005, 05:35 PM
try make friend with dealerships, tuning shops, or get the paper and call the people who are selling their cars and see if anyone is smart enough to pay your fees and get ALOT more for their car. m2c

Sorry about the drout.

shotime
06-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I won`t have a day off until about November by the way it looks now. Get some business cards printed up and give them out to everybody. I`ve went through 500 in 2 months.

derek37
06-05-2005, 07:45 PM
get the paper and call the people who are selling their cars and see if anyone is smart enough to pay your fees and get ALOT more for their car. m2c

Sorry about the drout.

Have you or anyone ever done this? I was thinking about doing the exact same thing.

Thomas Dekany
06-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Have you or anyone ever done this? I was thinking about doing the exact same thing.

I`ve been pretty busy, so I haven`t "had" to do it. :)

OriginalSin
06-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Works pretty well. If I see something I want, I will pick up an extra detail or two just by picking or choosing my clients. I usually stick to the Mercedes and Lexus ads, as these are the people who want and understand the value of the service.

You just have to make them understand what an actual full detail is and how it`s going to help them get more money for their vehicle at a quicker turn around.

Have you ever heard the saying... "You`re only as poor as you want to be." I would be out in the business parks handing out flyers and business cards, or calling people in the classifieds.

I`m not trying to preach but... they also say that sucess happens is when hard work meets opportunity. If you`re sitting around waiting for the phone to ring, it`s not going to happen.

Secret Chimp
06-07-2005, 01:02 AM
What is the longest period of time you have gone without having any customers ? Its been about 1 1/2 months for me so far. Talk about depressing.

I`m 6 months into doing this business full time. I feel bad after about 2 days of not getting any NEW customers. But it isn`t that bad. I have 10-15 weekly customers who pay $100 to $175 a month for service. So I have the bills covered!

If you want some new customers, go visit your local real estate offices. A clean car is highly valued by these folks. But they are often too busy to so sit in line at the car wash.