PDA

View Full Version : so many product lines, which one is best

Pages : [1] 2

4pbears
06-24-2007, 04:22 PM
hi i am just starting to learn detailing and have reviewed a number of different product lines. my question is which one is the best? or is it kind of mix and match, using say the polishes from one line and the waxes from another?

Thanks.

Dave.

lambostealth
06-24-2007, 06:44 PM
You just opened a big can of worms.

Your best bet, is to go to the click-n-brag forum, and see which products you think gives the best look.

imported_smprince1
06-24-2007, 06:51 PM
I think it`s impossible to have anyone agree on which product line is "best".... it`s mostly a matter of technique and personal choice.

I have used Meguiars, Poorboys, Optimum, Menzerna, Hi-Temp and others ... and with the proper technique they all perform well at what they are intended to do.

Find what you like ... it`s that simple IMO.

J.J.
06-24-2007, 07:30 PM
That`s a tough one.

Let me think about it...

a.k.a. Patrick
06-24-2007, 07:41 PM
The one you can afford, has been recommended, and you can get delivered in a reasonable amount of time, from someone you can trust!

ACC has some fine products!

teck
06-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I have found that the meguiars is the best to use.

SVR
06-24-2007, 07:54 PM
A big can of worms indeed

I`ll just say that every top boutique brand we talk about here for the past five years is liked by someone and worth using

imported_paradigm
06-24-2007, 07:58 PM
the best part about most of the products discussed here is that nearly ALL of them give great results....hard to go wrong! :)

i think very few people (other than pros choosing select bulk brands to save $$$, convenience, etc) stick to one specific brand. it`s a mix and match game...and unfortunately usually takes a lot of trial and error on each person`s part to find what they feel works best.

SVR
06-24-2007, 08:03 PM
I`ll never stick to one brand. duragloss PBA has proven my theory that if you don`t keep trying stuff that you could miss out on a great number of products and improving the results you get.

rkf76
06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
There isn`t a "best", we`ve all got different expectations and abilities so what may be best for you may not be best for me. Just read the forums, find which products get alot of good reviews from people and see if you can get similar results. Unfortunately it`s gonna take alot of money and alot of time and experimentation to find what works best for you for different conditions.

imported_ajbarnes
06-24-2007, 08:07 PM
If you focus more on prep, just about any product line can come out on top.

zingyginger
06-24-2007, 08:50 PM
If you focus more on prep, just about any product line can come out on top.

+1

Having never clayed until recently, I was amazed at how much better the paint on my 15 year old Corolla was after just one claying pass - almost looked like it`s already been waxed! The difference among the products may lie to a greater degree in the car color, durability, ease of use and how much you have to dig into your wallet :chuckle:

Check out this thread for some boutique AND otc suggestions from different product lines from one of the pros, Scottwax:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html

imported_agentf1
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I think Menzerna and Zaino works best for me. You need to find what works best for you. There is no definitive answer.

rwisejr
06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
+ 1 For concentrate on the process and any of the top brands will give great results. All comes down to what looks better to you.

kleraudio
06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
There is no "best" product out there. It took me almost 2 years to figure that one out. I would ask questions, get involved in lengthy discussions about product lines and yada yada yada. Everyone has an opinion and if you try finding the best product by talking to other people, your head will start spinning!

Just hit up the click and brags and see what looks good to you then try those products out. This hobby can get pretty expensive, hehe, very expensive actually!

Speaking of which, its time to order some 1Z cockpit, Ive seen good things in the C&B`s!!

Jim