PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Cleaner Wax

expectingrain
06-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I got a clay bar kit from Megs and it came with a sample of cleaner wax. I ONR`d my car and tried out the cleaner wax. It looks great, but my question is - is it OK to use as a standalone wax, or should it be topped with something? If so what works over it? Does DG AW work well over cleaner wax? It seemed to get rid of (hide?) some of the swirls I have as well.

ps I stumbled on this site a few months ago while looking for the best wax for my "once a year" care care day I used to do. Now I have ONR, AW clay bars, MF and WW towels, etc. I somehow got sucked in to the vortex! My car has never looked better, and this is one of the most informative forums on the internet that I`ve found, thanks!

Setec Astronomy
06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
The cleaner wax is fine by itself. I doubt you really removed any swirls by hand, it probably filled them with the Meguiar`s "trade secret polishing oils". You can certainly extend the life of the wax by using AW periodically. If you told me you were still going to do "once a year" car care, the Meg`s cleaner wax would probably be the product I would recommend (at least on an OTC basis), just keep it off the trim.

Big Leegr
06-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Yep. What he said.

Accumulator
06-24-2007, 11:41 AM
expectingrain- Welcome to Autopia, glad you`re finding the site helpful and that you`re pleased with your results.

I like taking the added step of topping a cleaner-wax with a "straight" wax, it`s a time-tested approach that has worked well for a lot of people. If you want to make it *really* last a long time, consider topping it with 476S paste wax from Collinite, which will easily last months longer than the cleaner-wax alone.