PDA

View Full Version : My new garage floor...........

Pages : [1] 2

4AudiQ
06-23-2007, 06:22 PM
in our new house by Ultimate Garage Floors

ULTIMATE GARAGE FLOORS (http://www.centormall.com/Ultimate_garage_floors/index.htm)

Old Pirate
06-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Looks very cool looking. What did they use on it? and if i may ask how much was it?:up

4AudiQ
06-23-2007, 06:33 PM
An epoxy coating used by professionals, with 1/4" brown flakes.

Cost was $3500.

Old Pirate
06-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow!:goodjob

KleanChevy
06-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I hope to have that done to my garage soon. Looks good.

davekt
06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
:bigups That looks unreal well done.

Kasper20
07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Wow looks really well done, but for $3500?! How much per square feet is that?

BlackElantraGT
07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
That looks really nice. I`ve never had a coated garage floor in any house I`ve lived in, but for $3500 what exactly are all the benefits one would get compared to a regular uncoated concrete floor?

ADHD
07-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Looks nothing better than Ucoatit and u couldve saved 3000$

It looks great but damb that came with a hefty price tag!

sinbad
07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
You do get almost all your money back in higher home resale value. I did my own garage floor with a kit that consisted of acid wash, floor repair cement, primer, epoxy with paint flakes, and finally a clear coat with clear sand (2 car, $400). However, it doesn`t look as nice as a professionally installed floor. The advantages are easy cleanup, nice looks, higher home resale value, less concrete dust, less mess in general. My garage floor was getting severly damaged from Chicago winter salt grime (pitted, cracking). I would get dust mounds with temp changes. The epoxy floor has sealed the pitting and cracks and I no longer get gassing dust. I figured to save money doing it myself. If I did a foul job, I figured I could still a professional to redo. 3 years now and still looks like new.

AprilRain
07-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Is the coating slippery??

sinbad
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Mine isn`t becuase of clear sand was spread while top coat was drying. Most professionally installed floors also have textured surface and are less slippery compared to plain concrete floor when wet. It really lightens up the garage and makes it more part of your home.

Black Diamond
07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
You do get almost all your money back in higher home resale value. I did my own garage floor with a kit that consisted of acid wash, floor repair cement, primer, epoxy with paint flakes, and finally a clear coat with clear sand (2 car, $400). However, it doesn`t look as nice as a professionally installed floor. The advantages are easy cleanup, nice looks, higher home resale value, less concrete dust, less mess in general. My garage floor was getting severly damaged from Chicago winter salt grime (pitted, cracking). I would get dust mounds with temp changes. The epoxy floor has sealed the pitting and cracks and I no longer get gassing dust. I figured to save money doing it myself. If I did a foul job, I figured I could still a professional to redo. 3 years now and still looks like new.

What product did you use? I am still interested in doing this myself as well.

TIA

Deanski
07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
NICE!!:drool:

Now, get some automotive flags, posters, and finish painting the walls a bright white for added light. Speaking of light... some nice Metal Halide or other HID lamps would really make it pop!!!!

Wish my floor looked like that. :wow:

Deanski

Deanski
07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
The one that quite a few owners go with for floor coatings is Premier Garage coatings, cabinets and organizers. Garage floors, Cabinets and Organizers by PremierGarage (http://www.premiergarage.com/httpdocs/index.html)

But you get what you pay for with this firm as well.

Regards,

Deanski