PDA

View Full Version : "Spray" products...the wave of the future??

1 Clean WS6
06-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Hey all!!

When I was applying some Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax to my WS6 recently I couldn`t help but think of the growing number of spray type products available on the market now. All the big detail product companies like Pinnacle, Optimum, Zaino, Meguiar`s...etc are offering spray applied products touting the durability of traditionally applied products. Having used several of these spray products over the years I have to say the ease with which they apply and remove combined with their reasonable durability has me wondering...is this the wave of the future?? Are pastes and liquids soon to be a thing of the past??

What say you Autopian? ;)

imported_Terry
06-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Mike, I think the "base" coats are very important right now but notice that my follow-up maintanance is getting much easier with polycharged detail sprays. They look great and seem to be extending durability extremely well.:hifive:

imported_jaobrien6
06-23-2007, 05:21 PM
I`ll probably never completely stop using paste waxes as long as people are still making them, there`s just something about paste waxes that I like.

However, I do think that spray waxes are going to replace most liquid waxes and sealants. Some the of the products that have come out recently are fantastic, and I think they`re only going to get better as time goes on. In fact, the wipe on/walk away products seem to be the next incarnation, and if the looks/durability is there, I see no reason not to try them. It just makes application that much easier.

J.J.
06-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I love sprays!

Bigpoppa3346
06-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I think that the lesser liquid waxes/sealants will be phased out now that products like Opti-Seal, Clear Seal, and other easy to use sprays such as Aquawax and AJ-T are out. Easier to use than basically anything you have to come back and buff, and if durability is good, then I think we could see a change in the wax/sealant market quickly.

expectingrain
06-23-2007, 07:00 PM
These products would really sell with the Pay n` Spray crowd. They should package these spray on waxes in the 1 oz bottle size and sell them at the Pay n` Spray for like $1.50. Their margins would be huge and the customers would love them because they could just spray it on and wipe off right at the car wash.

imported_Reflectionz
06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
To me, spray wax is not as deep and glossy as spray wax and liquid/paste wax a lot of times has a hiding ability to hide some imperfections. i have used aquawax and yes it does give off a good shine, but to a car with a lot of swirls, normal waxes will hide them better.

Vintage
06-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey all!!

When I was applying some Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax to my WS6 recently I couldn`t help but think of the growing number of spray type products available on the market now. All the big detail product companies like Pinnacle, Optimum, Zaino, Meguiar`s...etc are offering spray applied products touting the durability of traditionally applied products. Having used several of these spray products over the years I have to say the ease with which they apply and remove combined with their reasonable durability has me wondering...is this the wave of the future?? Are pastes and liquids soon to be a thing of the past??

What say you Autopian? ;)Hi Mike, how do you like the Souveran Liquid Spray Wax? I just got a couple bottles of it from AG and plan on using it on friends` cars instead of my own. Is it really much better than just using a quick detailer? I just got these bottles earlier this week and haven`t had a chance to try them out.

imported_Blake
06-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I think products like OptiSeal are a big step. Products like this will become the norm and they will get better. With a well prepped vehicle the application time is very quick. No buffing required and from early results the durability is great.

Big Leegr
06-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I think one of the biggest plusses for spray products is the reduced chance of over-applying the product. People with little/no experience will be able to wipe off the product easily when compared to the effort needed to remove caked on wax that has been baked on in the sun. Of course, the "quick and easy" aspect will be the major selling points to start with/get the person to buy it, but the lack of frustration removing it will, I think, make people think more highly of the product even if the end results are possibly not quite as good as a liquid or paste product.

1 Clean WS6
06-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Vintage....good stuff IMHO. Definitely a spray wax instead of true quick detailer. I used it on my silver WS6 garage queen and immediately noticed it had more slickness than Crystal Mist. It also had a noticeably glossier/wet look to it. I can`t comment on durability because my car doesn`t see weather. I would assume, however, it is like most Pinnacle products and more of a beauty wax than a durability wax.

It does smell divine...like warm butter cookies. :drool:

SVR
06-24-2007, 06:11 PM
There is definately a shift towards spray products now however I still am yet to find a spray on sealant that lasts as long as the silicate based fireglaze DS and polymer wipe on sealants.

Yes Aquawax is brilliant and I love using it alot but at the moment it`s being used as a topper after each wash on cars with two to three coats of a wipe on sealer.

I hope that spray polishes could some day become more powerful and replace 2500 grit finishing polishes and cut down on the buffing steps. A big ask I know but how nice it would be.

As I look to my right, in the showroom I see more products with trigger sprays and more spray on products in gallons than the traditional wipe on stuff.